Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Have we all calmed down yet?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Yes I know we have probably just thrown away 2 points but even after our supposedly guaranteed defeat against a runaway Premier league leaders Arsenal we will still not be in the bottom three*

*not until Wednesday anyway.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
One point gained today, let's face it most of us would have settled for that point prior to kick off. Wet Sham are a much improved team from last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have absolutely no idea how anyone can be worked up now.
For me being angry in the fallout from that game is akin to being angry that tomorrow is Monday.

Against Arsenal we're going to lose by the odd goal.
Miss chances.
Get screwed over by VAR.

That's just the simple facts.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
My anger, if I ever feel it after a game soon quells after approx 10 minutes. We go again, its Arsenal & to sneak a point or even 3 is not beyond the realms of possibility. But even if we lose 4-0 I will only be down for 20 minutes or so. We are punching above our weight but if you view the stats v West Ham we have equal wins in our history v the hammers and still remain unbeaten in The Premier league against them. Even though we are a negative bunch we are doing so well.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My anger, if I ever feel it after a game soon quells after approx 10 minutes. We go again, its Arsenal & to sneak a point or even 3 is not beyond the realms of possibility. But even if we lose 4-0 I will only be down for 20 minutes or so. We are punching above our weight but if you view the stats v West Ham we have equal wins in our history v the hammers and still remain unbeaten in The Premier league against them. Even though we are a negative bunch we are doing so well.

Well said.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
All the other teams around us ... if they had been drawing away at West Ham with 5 mins left would have been desperate to hold on and celebrated a point wildly.

Our mild disappointment is a positive sign

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Very calm all game. Knew how we were going to play. Knew we wouldn't hold either lead. Knew we wouldn't defend crosses and set pieces. Knew we would play a lot of harmless football in front of them. Knew Bissouma would be immense. Knew that Trossard would flatter to deceive. Knew I would be frustrated again, so just chilled out and let it happen. One thing about football under Potter is that its very predictable.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Always calm.

In between games with a lot of people talking about how shite everyone from TB to Connolly are, I sometimes get a bit nervous ahead of games, but every time the team is on the pitch I realise the performances are generally good and that the results will come... some time.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Always calm.

In between games with a lot of people talking about how shite everyone from TB to Connolly are, I sometimes get a bit nervous ahead of games, but every time the team is on the pitch I realise the performances are generally good and that the results will come... some time.

I wish I shared your confidence but we don't defend well enough to win games. Two goals should have been enough today.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I didn't get any sense of anger from people after this game. Not like after the Sheff Utd one (admittedly I haven't peeked at the matchday thread today). I don't know if it was because, as suggested further up this thread, a realisation that West Ham are a decent side this season. Or if it is a resignation, and acceptance that we're not a winning team at the moment, so even if we were winning it was only a matter of time.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Positives today were that we generally had the upper hand away from home against a decent team, our striker struggling for form scored his first goal for weeks and we actually scored from a corner routine! West Ham’s defence should be mortified about the last one.

Defending for the second was disappointing from Dunk and White, and I thought maybe Sanchez should’ve taken control and put a big fist on it as well. However, it’s a small margins between the draw and a win and stuff that can be worked on in training. It’s not as if we’ve conceded 10 goals without response in the last 2 games, including a 0-3 against 10 men for half the game.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
Yes, as I’ve learnt to not let a football match performance impact the rest of my day.

Happy to admit that last season there were times when I carried the result for the weekend, which really isn’t good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Very calm all game. Knew how we were going to play. Knew we wouldn't hold either lead. Knew we wouldn't defend crosses and set pieces. Knew we would play a lot of harmless football in front of them. Knew Bissouma would be immense. Knew that Trossard would flatter to deceive. Knew I would be frustrated again, so just chilled out and let it happen. One thing about football under Potter is that its very predictable.

This is how I am at the moment. Apathy has taken over due to all the points you mentioned.

If/when we get relegated, I feel like I'll be letting out a sigh, shrugging my shoulders and opening a can before putting on a film with the better half.

Not sure if that's just me getting older and realising that football isn't the be all and end all, though!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here