Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Today

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Like most people I feel really flat after not seeing it out for the win but there are still
positives to take:

1. Another away point against a top ten team who have been in impressive form over the last month or so.
2. A goal for Maupay who, given he is a confidence player, can hopefully kick on now. I thought he looked better overall as well.
3. A good performance from Dan Burn after his horror show against Leicester.
4. A goal from a set piece, and a short corner as well, long overdue and again hopefully gives some more belief at set pieces.
5. We are hard to beat. Yes we should win more games but if you can’t win make sure you don’t lose and that’s three on the bounce including two away games where we have picked up points.
6. The next two games against the staying up tracker are ‘free hits’ so let’s go for it.
7. The teams around us haven’t won and we actually climbed a position.

That’s all I got!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
We took the game to them.

We took the lead twice.

We are miffed not to have won.

We did not play antifootball.

Despite being below the wankpuffins, we are so much better to watch.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Set pieces aside White - Dunk - Webster has to be the back 3 going forward.

(which does rather beg the question, why weren't they the back 3 when looking back)

drummerboy10

Apr 18, 2012
Like most people I feel really flat after not seeing it out for the win but there are still
positives to take:

1. Another away point against a top ten team who have been in impressive form over the last month or so.
2. A goal for Maupay who, given he is a confidence player, can hopefully kick on now. I thought he looked better overall as well.
3. A good performance from Dan Burn after his horror show against Leicester.
4. A goal from a set piece, and a short corner as well, long overdue and again hopefully gives some more belief at set pieces.
5. We are hard to beat. Yes we should win more games but if you can’t win make sure you don’t lose and that’s three on the bounce including two away games where we have picked up points.
6. The next two games against the staying up tracker are ‘free hits’ so let’s go for it.
7. The teams around us haven’t won and we actually climbed a position.

That’s all I got!

Yeah some good points and analysis!

You’re right in that we’re hard to beat but we’re also quite easy to score against.

My big concern is that I don’t see how we’ve improved since the first game of the season. Still seem the play the same style, with the same positives (and negatives) and get the same results.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Played good football. Webster and Burn were impressive coming forward. We've got Lamptey to come back in. Maupay scored which should do his confidence good. Welbeck gets through another game uninjured and looks to be getting sharper. Burnley lost and we won, so go above them.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Played good football. Webster and Burn were impressive coming forward. We've got Lamptey to come back in. Maupay scored which should do his confidence good. Welbeck gets through another game uninjured and looks to be getting sharper. Burnley lost and we won, so go above them.
We didn’t win :shrug:

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Burn didn’t do a Leicester. We scored 2 goals in a match. We are not in the bottom 3 yet. The dildo brothers won’t be celebrating tonight

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
With the form of the bottom clubs this season to date the safety line of 35 points from the last three seasons may be even lower this year.

7 more wins I reckon we'll be safe.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
We actually got a break in front of goal. Twice.
Bissouma looking like a big six player
March again
Maupay got the goal he needed
Showing character after conceding - could have easily crumbled
We made them look totally ordinary
Goal from a set piece
Webster’s driving runs

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Several commentators have said that we're good but a little bit too nice. So another positive is that our own Mr Nasty is only weeks away from returning.

comica1609089605481.jpg

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
:shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here