Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arise SIR Boris Johnson

Churchill, Attlee, Thatcher are our three Great PM’s of the 20th Century - who changed our Political fabric & course of the country.

Boris Johnson - you will/are the first PM in the 21st century to do likewise - or maybe not? Time will tell ...

I give you SIR Boris Johnson

Boris now needs to free us from Covid-19
https://mol.im/a/9089879

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Churchill, Attlee, Thatcher are our three Great PM’s of the 20th Century - who changed our Political fabric & course of the country.

Boris Johnson - you will/are the first PM in the 21st century to do likewise - or maybe not? Time will tell ...

Surely we should wait and see what he’s achieved before bestowing such honour on him, he’s only been an elected PM for just over a year, and to be honest it don’t look good [emoji23]

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Worst Prime Minister in living memory with the least talented Cabinet and Government imaginable.

He may have got Brexit done and achieved a deal, but he is generally seen as a disaster. Getting it done at the last minute - semi deliberately ?- means that nobody has had time to put the right things in place in business, and anyone involved in exports or import will be drowning in paperwork and the cost of the administration.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
He's increased our debt to more than our GDP.

His legacy will be a bad brexit deal, worse covid death toll in europe, the UK needing humanitarian aid to feed our children and wrecking the economy

ezgif.com-gif-maker (2).jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

I'm guessing that as the self proclaimed richest person on NSC, you got a contract to supply PPE

Either that, or you are Ppf's second account :facepalm:

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Pros and cons considered

Pros;

Got Brext done

Got a deal with the EU and to be fair it's the biggest single deal the EU has made and it looks like some alignments will remain

Brought back blue passports

Not entered into any wars

Made Richi Sunack Chancelor

Cons;

Lying to the Queen over the prolongation of parliament

Expelled the whole centre right of the Conservative party

Supported the concept of fake news promoting the idea that experts were not necessarily the experts

Still early days to be making conclusions on the UK/EU deal as it's still not been published but it appears services which account for 80% of UK trade with the EU has been left out

Some other small industries also appear to be losers fisheries and seed potatoes being two early examples

£200 million the cost of Brexit with millions given to friends of ministers with not expertise for services not provided

Made a deal with the devil otherwise known as the Northern Ireland unionist party before selling them out which probably will hasten the unification of Ireland

Likewise totally ignored the Scottish people's EU referendum result which has in my opinion will leave to the break up of the United Kingdom

Failed to prepare for the what was going to be Covid pandemic no PPE not enough trained doctors and nurses ventilators or beds even though a pandemic had been predicted by experts and trial runs of preparedness clearly shown we were not ready

So very slow to act regarding lockdown and so very quick to come out of lockdown

Very unclear messages 29 U turns

Remember 25 million deaths would be seen as a good outcome we are currently 70 million deaths and rising

Track and trace a total failure £millions spent when Google and Apple had developed a cheaper working system as used in many countries such a Germany

Put the following into positions of power and influence that for a list of questionable reasons many think they were or are not fit for the role Dominic Cummings, Prithi Patel, JRM, Grant Shapps and many others

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Worst Prime Minister in living memory with the least talented Cabinet and Government imaginable.

He may have got Brexit done and achieved a deal, but he is generally seen as a disaster. Getting it done at the last minute - semi deliberately ?- means that nobody has had time to put the right things in place in business, and anyone involved in exports or import will be drowning in paperwork and the cost of the administration.

We are not going to be checking imports too closely until July? People/drug/arms smugglers must be partying with this news

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
We should consider communism, because both the the US and UK political system is a sh1t show. Through democracy we have made a massive mess of things and we are still arguing about the government and its tactics.

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
Is Sunak a pro? He was responsible for the banking crisis which the taxpayer is still paying for

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Johnson has just made a deal on goods. An area where we hold a large deficit with the EU. The capitulation on fisheries, his flagship red line, tells us enough already.

What happens in services where we run a surplus ?

I'd stop reading the right wing press. I really would.

It's over and done. That's the relief. But this has been an expensive dogs dinner.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Top work stirring up the more miserable elements on NSC over the festive period :thumbsup:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
He's increased our debt to more than our GDP.

His legacy will be a bad brexit deal, worse covid death toll in europe, the UK needing humanitarian aid to feed our children and wrecking the economy

View attachment 131801

I wonder why that is, can you guess, can it have something to do with a virus which is causing all governments to increase debt massively. Oh no typical left wing boo hoo baby who just cannot accept we are now out and Labour shot themselves in the foot at the election and blame it on the Government.... clueless

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
I wonder why that is, can you guess, can it have something to do with a virus which is causing all governments to increase debt massively. Oh no typical left wing boo hoo baby who just cannot accept we are now out and Labour shot themselves in the foot at the election and blame it on the Government.... clueless

Fair enough but whether you're a tory, labour, lib dem or whatever, it's still everyone's debt. The conservatives won power in 2010 on the premise they would cut the deficit citing labour wrecked the economy and brought in a decade of austerity, for most of Labour's tenure the deficit was was around 40% of GDP, now itś more than 100%. They have wrecked the economy

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Fair enough but whether you're a tory, labour, lib dem or whatever, it's still everyone's debt. The conservatives won power in 2010 on the premise they would cut the deficit citing labour wrecked the economy and brought in a decade of austerity, for most of Labour's tenure the deficit was was around 40% of GDP, now itś more than 100%. They have wrecked the economy

are you advocating massive cuts in spending or massive increases in taxation?

Randy McNob

Jun 13, 2020
are you advocating massive cuts in spending or massive increases in taxation?

First of all we need to get rid of the NF Tories before they bankrupt the country and I suppose we would have to increase borrowing and raise taxes to pay for the folly of Brexit. But tax increases for the rich and corporates

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We are not going to be checking imports too closely until July? People/drug/arms smugglers must be partying with this news

I know very well someone who works in that area for HMRC who has expressed EXACTLY this view. Field day for smugglers.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Maybe it has something to do with the Office of National Statistics recently stating that we have spent as much on Brexit as we have ever done on belonging to the European Union.

COVID hasn’t helped, but we’d be in a mess without it, anyway.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sorry as has been touched on previously, the fact that 20 years into the 21st century we still have youngsters in this country, Sussex included, in food poverty, is nothing short of disgusting.

Sort that out Boris and you’ve got the ultimate legacy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here