Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jim McLean RIP

Tiptoe through the NSC

Sep 13, 2017
St. Leonards-on-Sea
Fondly remembered by this sassenach who spent late 1978 and early 1979 in Dundee. Hamish McAlpine the penalty scoring goalie, Ray Stewart who went on to West Ham, Davey Narey who scored against Brazil, Paul Sturrock who went on to manage Plymouth and captain Paul Hegarty. A team so good to watch I used to forget that I couldn't feel my feet. Runners-up that season, I believe. RIP Jim.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Fondly remembered by this sassenach who spent late 1978 and early 1979 in Dundee. Hamish McAlpine the penalty scoring goalie, Ray Stewart who went on to West Ham, Davey Narey who scored against Brazil, Paul Sturrock who went on to manage Plymouth and captain Paul Hegarty. A team so good to watch I used to forget that I couldn't feel my feet. Runners-up that season, I believe. RIP Jim.

It's a shame you didn't stay on for a couple of years

They won the League Cup in 79 & 80

Beating Aberdeen & Dundee respectively

Both games played at Dens Park

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

RIP.

The Scots has some great teams back then. The national team was arguably the best team ever to leave these shores back in 78.

What on earth happened? ???

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Apart from Aberdeen were not DUFC the last team since 1980 apart from Bigots v Racists (is there a difference) to win The Scottish top division ?

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Apart from Aberdeen were not DUFC the last team since 1980 apart from Bigots v Racists (is there a difference) to win The Scottish top division ?

Yep. In 1983. Also reached UEFA cup final in 87 beating Barcelona (Venables, Lineker and Hughes) home and away en route to the final. Went to the home game, amazing atmosphere.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
RIP.

The Scots has some great teams back then. The national team was arguably the best team ever to leave these shores back in 78.

What on earth happened? ???

When I was a kid me dad used to often take me to watch Scottish club teams v European opposition. Loads of Dunfermline games. Dundee United v Barcelona FFS! Even my own dear Partick Thistle v Honved Budapest one time. Still got all the programmes somewhere

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here