Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] How was Boxing Day for you ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
For the first time in years even decades not how it has always been. The family around on the 25th nothing different yet Boxing Day the escape exit opens. Absolutely no shopping so either Leek or Macclesfield Town with others to let off steam and then Denford Hollybush for a few. Can we just return to normal ?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
BBQ in the garden, couple of bottles of Epernay’s finest, a few Unbarred in the fridge, and now Grease on the box. Just grand thank you.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Nice and quiet. A lay in, then a walk and we watched a movie.

Don’t think I’ve shopped on Boxing Day. Until the 90’s shops were closed on boxing day, staff got a deserved two day break. That should’ve continued, rather than the relentless advance of retail therapy.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Missing watching Albion! Love it when we play Boxing day as a chance to blow away the cobwebs and excesses of Xmas day.

Always recall away to Dagenham and Redbridge. Been snowing a fair bit and bizarrely they moved the Xmas day pitch inspection back to boxing day morning. It was always going to be off and am Xmas day look would have confirmed it. However, made us travel boxing day and on A21 coach we had literally just pulled into town centre when ref called it off. Grrr! :(

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Spent 90% of the day either watching TV with the kids or playing with all the new toys they got. Not got changed out of my new pyjamas and eating half a tonne of food that we've got left.

Just about perfect.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Nice cooked breakfast, stroll round the block in the rain then a bit of electronics while the mrs watches TV. A failed SD card has LITERALLY ruined my day.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
As it should be, lounging about, eating and watching crap on the TV. All shops should be closed boxing day anyway to give the workers a break.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A good walk with the dog this morning, a few chores, and this.

6A33F683-E4B3-4160-89F7-CE960046884B.jpeg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fantastic, started a thread then answered it.

Two days of quarantine left and an offer to leave tier 4 and visit my nephew in tier 2, choices.....

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Aldershot 3 Woeking 0 three goals in 6 minutes after being under the cosh for the 25 minutes before that . Mine has been great and now for the first time in 8 days off i'm having a proper drink.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Played Fenyx Rising for a few hours, bunged a pork joint smothered in honey and mustard in the slow cooker, just finished watching Saving Private Ryan in glorious 4K, the Mrs is now watching Corrie on catch up which buys me some more time on the PS5 and then another movie and some sherbets to finish off the evening.
Hope everyone had a good Christmas.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Very quiet. Spent the afternoon taking the decorations and tree down and am just going to settle down with a bit of telly and a few jars.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Finally got the afternoon nap I thought I was gonna get yesterday. Woke up with the puppy licking the inside of my mouth. Lovely.

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
Missing watching Albion! Love it when we play Boxing day as a chance to blow away the cobwebs and excesses of Xmas day.

Always recall away to Dagenham and Redbridge. Been snowing a fair bit and bizarrely they moved the Xmas day pitch inspection back to boxing day morning. It was always going to be off and am Xmas day look would have confirmed it. However, made us travel boxing day and on A21 coach we had literally just pulled into town centre when ref called it off. Grrr! :(

I remember this one as my dad and I had been up most of the night watching the Boxing Day ashes test. Then drove up to Dagenham, parked up and walked round the ground having had no idea that it was even in doubt!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Knowing how efficient a traveler you are Beechy I know you’ll have already consulted the below [emoji23]
960ecf91c059d48254ca7c75faad5c97.jpg

Permission to say cock, my nephew isn't a Doctor

scooter1

How soon is now?
It’s my lads birthday today(and every Boxing Day) and it’s tough enough trying to find things to do without going into tier 4 based lockdown. Footgolf was open this morning so we did that, followed by a fry up back at home. And then nipped down to the park for a socially distanced natter with a mate, whilst our boys had a kick about. Just cooked his current favourite seafood dinner, and watching Grease on delayed catch up. This lockdown is S H I T E, but at least I’m not back to work until Jan 4th

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here