Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Reintroducing the death penalty

Would you be in favour of reintroducing the death penalty in the UK?

• Total voters

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
...is the word on the street anyways. Apparently Priti Patel, spawn of Satan (who we know is very big supporter of capital punishment), is rather keen on reintroducing it.
https://twitter.com/BameFor/status/1342495556732649478?s=20

Just when you thought this current government couldn't scrape the depths of evil and depravity any further, they come along with this. There's not many things that would genuinely make me consider leaving the country and moving elsewhere, but this is one of them. Would be interested for NSC's thought's on this. Meanwhile, here's the magnificent Ian Hislop absolutely rinsing Patel on this very subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DrsVhzbLzU

Absolutely awful woman, and an absolutely callous, vile politician, which is very on-brand for this government

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Keep it banned.

Some are going to argue "should have it back for the worst criminals", but once its back.. watch it snowball to the point where people want to hang you for saying "handbags" on TV.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
I would simply be ashamed if this happened.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
In the past I'm sure we've hung perfectly innocent people, who it has later transpired were innocent or were very likely to
be innocent. How can any system like that be fair, just or humane?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Barbaric if bought back

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Absolutely not. Don't get me wrong, there are murderers such as Ian Huntley I would love to see disappear off the face of the earth but ultimately it is state sanctioned murder in my name.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The race back to medieval values gathers pace.

No civilised society should ever kill a person in the name of 'justice'. God, it would be beyond shameful if this were to happen.

I find it harder and harder to recognise this country anymore.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
In the past I'm sure we've hung perfectly innocent people, who it has later transpired were innocent or were very likely to
be innocent. How can any system like that be fair, just or humane?

Derek Bentley and Timothy Evans being two we know for certain. Those fitted up for the Birmingham and Guildford pub bombings would probably have met a similar fate had the death penalty been in place at the time.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
...is the word on the street anyways. Apparently Priti Patel, spawn of Satan (who we know is very big supporter of capital punishment), is rather keen on reintroducing it.
https://twitter.com/BameFor/status/1342495556732649478?s=20

Just when you thought this current government couldn't scrape the depths of evil and depravity any further, they come along with this. There's not many things that would genuinely make me consider leaving the country and moving elsewhere, but this is one of them. Would be interested for NSC's thought's on this. Meanwhile, here's the magnificent Ian Hislop absolutely rinsing Patel on this very subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DrsVhzbLzU

Absolutely awful woman, and an absolutely callous, vile politician, which is very on-brand for this government

You can relax, it will never happen.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It should never be re-introduced, it is not worth the risk of killing someone who is later found innocent and, it has never acted as a deterrent either. Patel is a nasty piece of work but she would never get this passed.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Deplorable women and barbaric policy. And I’m someone who would have doubled the PC Harper criminals prison sentences.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
In the US 1 in 9 people on Death Row have later had Convictions quashed. Do we really want to be getting into the realms of potentially executing innocent people. And that is before we get into the realms of whether we even have the "Right" to kill another human being.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
This place gets madder by the day. Someone on Twitter makes up some total bollocks then next thing we know it’s being quoted on NSC as government policy!

It’s a shit thread, I can only assume the OP is bored and thought he’d toss a few palatable scraps to a hungry for shit on the government type audience, meanwhile back in the real world Palace are one down after 5

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
People who abuse babies/sexually abuse them deserve nothing less in my opinion.

Or the extremists who think it's okay to blow up people, or go on a shooting/knifing rampage through our streets.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here