Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hidden Football Treats on Sky

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Just found a number of football documentaries on Sky including Denis Law, Howard Kendall, Kenny Dalglish, Arsenal 89. So something to do in tier 4. It’s amazing to see how poor the quality of the pitches were in the 60s 70s and 80s

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I remember playing on mudheaps in the 1970s and 1980s. Standing in a freezing snow storm and howling north gale in a mud bath ploughed field somewhere in Lancashire, and an icy puddle that rose above my ankles finally persuaded me there were better things to do with my afternoons.

Wimp.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The Howard Kendall one is excellent. Although not really about Howard Kendall. Great archive and stories.

theboybilly

The Howard Kendall one is excellent. Although not really about Howard Kendall. Great archive and stories.

Back in the day I had mates who followed all manner of teams. One followed Everton and I went over one evening to watch them thrash West Ham 4-1 at Upton Park. That midfield trio of Ball, Harvey and Kendall were wonderful. Decent in defence and with Royle and Jimmy Husband attacking they should really have won much more than a solitary league title

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Back in the day I had mates who followed all manner of teams. One followed Everton and I went over one evening to watch them thrash West Ham 4-1 at Upton Park. That midfield trio of Ball, Harvey and Kendall were wonderful. Decent in defence and with Royle and Jimmy Husband attacking they should really have won much more than a solitary league title

It starts off talking about that era but it’s really focussed on their next great team in the 1980s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here