Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Bradley Walsh.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Consummate professional, fast turning into a national treasure.

Two great Xmas specials on different channels last night, Celebrity Christmas Chase on ITV and then Blankety Blank on BBC an hour later.

He must have an extremely good agent. 👍

Before I get flamed, I’m closer to 60 than 50 and it was good old fashioned family viewing the whole lounge at Chez Hart enjoyed 😂

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Two great Xmas specials on different channels last night, Celebrity Christmas Chase on ITV and then Blankety Blank on BBC an hour later.

He must have an extremely good agent. [emoji106]

Before I get flamed, I’m closer to 60 than 50 and it was good old fashioned family viewing the whole lounge at Chez Hart enjoyed [emoji23]

He was on Jonathan Ross with his son a couple of nights ago as well.......always comes across as a genuinely lovely bloke.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
He's good at what he does, but who the **** was asking for a revival of blankety blank for a prime time slot on Xmas day? ( Apart from Crodonilson obviously)

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The one positive about not going to The Amex is not having to watch him fake laugh his way through that car leasing advert that's endlessly shown on the big screen pre-kickoff.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He's good at what he does, but who the **** was asking for a revival of blankety blank for a prime time slot on Xmas day? ( Apart from Crodonilson obviously)

It was the funniest show on tv yesterday. After it finished, I was certainly asking for a revival to replace having to switch off Tom Allen on EVERYTHING!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

He must have an extremely good agent. ��

Before I get flamed, I’m closer to 60 than 50 and it was good old fashioned family viewing the whole lounge at Chez Hart enjoyed ��

I like him whenever I've seen him, he comes across as funny and likeable, but the shows that he hosts aren't really for me

(And I can guarantee I'm nearer to 60 than you :wink:)

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Must have a great agent . The guy has no charm , no charisma- just like some guy they have pulled off the streets . Mind you nowadays the more common a presenter is, the more appeal they seem to have to the general public . Class has gone downhill massively the last 50 years in England .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

He must have an extremely good agent. ��

Before I get flamed, I’m closer to 60 than 50 and it was good old fashioned family viewing the whole lounge at Chez Hart enjoyed ��

I rather like Bradley Walsh too, he comes over as a bloke you could certainly have a good laugh with down the pub of an evening. However, he is in danger of being " Overexposed ", Private Eye's " Remote Controller" reports that " between 19th Dec and 1st Jan, Walsh makes a remarkable 18 appearances across the two main terrestrial channels " later it details " Walsh's main qualities seem to be a gruff chumminess and an inability to say no to his agent "

More worrying for me is the increasing numbers of programmes linked to death and the stars we have lost. there was a good documentary on Elvis preceded by the film Viva Las Vegas and other cobbled together tributes, the inevitable Morecambe and Wise Christmas Show, a couple of programmes highlighting the late Victoria Wood, a " reflection " on the life of Freddie Mercury followed by George Michael: Last Christmas, a special on the life of Maria Callas and The Two Ronnie's Sketchbook

It really is a list of loss and sadness when Christmas was meant to be the birth of hope and salvation surely ? Or, are dead people cheaper to broadcast ?

There are many other assorted cobbling's together of lost star's performances and we haven't even got to the Christmas Dr Who yet, a man/woman who has died 12 times at least and will see Bradly Walshe's last day in the job as cosmic fatherly figure. Sad times indeed.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Must have a great agent . The guy has no charm , no charisma- just like some guy they have pulled off the streets . Mind you nowadays the more common a presenter is, the more appeal they seem to have to the general public . Class has gone downhill massively the last 50 years in England .

I know exactly what you mean. Have you seen they way people of no class try and wedge a comment about class (often mistaking wealth for class) into every thread they contribute to, regardless of whether it's relevant or not ???

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We haven't had the telly on at all. My usual staple, radio 5, is unlistenable at the moment owing to the main presenters being at home for Christmas and the ringers all utter pants, plus pre-recorded shite. Instead I made some 'mix tapes' (compilation CDs) specifically for the tastes of the household. We have watched some vids, though. The first couple of episodes of the Matt Smith Doctor Who (stunning) on Christmas Eve, then yesterday we watched Groundhog Day (a film I'd never seen, but son and Mrs T are big fans and insisted we watch), and The Thing (as above; my son and Mrs T are both movie fans and I'm not). Absolutely smashing, both of them. I look forward to a bit of Walsh on Doctor Who, and hope they have found a proper ambience for the new series. I'm afraid that recent series have been like a cross between Horrible Histories and The Famous Five, as the doctor charges about with a soppy open mouthed expression, befuddled teenagers and geriatric in her wake. Yesterday I watched Groundhog day.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When did Dr Who get an ambience? In my day he always travelled around in a police box :shrug:

Tish boom. And the boy's back with his cruel cockney humour :lolol: :bowdown:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We haven't had the telly on at all. My usual staple, radio 5, is unlistenable at the moment owing to the main presenters being at home for Christmas and the ringers all utter pants, plus pre-recorded shite. Instead I made some 'mix tapes' (compilation CDs) specifically for the tastes of the household. We have watched some vids, though. The first couple of episodes of the Matt Smith Doctor Who (stunning) on Christmas Eve, then yesterday we watched Groundhog Day (a film I'd never seen, but son and Mrs T are big fans and insisted we watch), and The Thing (as above; my son and Mrs T are both movie fans and I'm not). Absolutely smashing, both of them. I look forward to a bit of Walsh on Doctor Who, and hope they have found a proper ambience for the new series. I'm afraid that recent series have been like a cross between Horrible Histories and The Famous Five, as the doctor charges about with a soppy open mouthed expression, befuddled teenagers and geriatric in her wake. Yesterday I watched Groundhog day.

This and this !, Although I rather like Jodie Whittaker, the Doctor does seem to have fallen back in to the old habit of running towards/away from something. In the good old bad old days, the most intelligent, violent and evil genius's best method of despatch was to walk/shuffle slowly towards a victim with their hands out in front of them while the victim desperately tried to evade death by pushing themselves through a wall/locked door, when all that was required, was a brisk walking pace.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I must be missing something because I switch the Telly over every time I see him now. Not because I dislike him or anything like that but just because he seems to be on everything.

Same thing with a lot of TV Personalities rammed down our throats on programmes and advertising goods to sell to us. Rylan Clark springs to mind with this as well and Aleisha Dixon. In small doses they are all fairly OK but there seems to be an "overkill" of the same personalities thrown at us from all angles.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

He must have an extremely good agent. 👍

Before I get flamed, I’m closer to 60 than 50 and it was good old fashioned family viewing the whole lounge at Chez Hart enjoyed 😂

The real Crodo finally breaks cover.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Do they still give a chequebook and pen or do you get a branded banking app that says your balance in the voice of Kenny Everett?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here