Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] How is your ‘Christmassy’ feeling?

Christmassy feeling?

• Love Christmas - Not feeling it this year

Votes: 62 42.5%
  • Love Christmas - feels the same as always

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • Hate Christmas anyway

Votes: 14 9.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 41 28.1%

• Total voters

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Anyone else feeling so very un-Christmassy this year, I’m normally a really Christmassy person but something just doesn’t feel right that I can’t put my finger on, and I see many people on social media feeling the same?

Well?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
something just doesn’t feel right that I can’t put my finger on, and I see many people on social media feeling the same?

A global pandemic a a tier 4 lockdown might have something to do with it...

Merry Christmas :xmas:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I think I'll opt out of future yule tide celebrations. Spent last year in Morocco, very strange sun bathing on christmas day, but something I wish to repeat.
It just hasn't been the same since we blocked the chimney and got central heating.....do you realise how long it takes to roast a chestnut on a radiator?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Same as u Wizz...I will be with my grandchildren tomorrow though and seeing them enjoy opening/playing presents will change my mood no doubt.

I would add though that unusually I am sitting here with all presents wrapped....normally I leave it until the early hours of Xmas day....it’s quite a nice feeling having it all done

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As Christmassy as I always feel.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Anyone else feeling so very un-Christmassy this year, I’m normally a really Christmassy person but something just doesn’t feel right that I can’t put my finger on, and I see many people on social media feeling the same?

Well?

I wonder what it could be?!?

In all seriousness, I don't feel anywhere near as Christmassy as usual either, as millions and millions will be feeling the world over for obvious reasons.

For me this Christmas is about relaxing as much as possible, remembering that the world has been in much worse states (world wars for a start), counting blessings for what I have, and looking forward to the beginnings of normality again in the not too distant future - hopefully.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Same as every other Xmas. Cooked the turkey, gammon and yule log today. Been down the pub, dished out my pickled onion presents, had dinner. Just finished wrapping presents. Sit and watch TV for an hour. Bed. What's not to like?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have always loved the Christmas period, the feeling has never faded.

Having finished all my work and domestic jobs, watching Polar Express with the family, the beginning of 12 days of indulgence.

Prefer it without the pressure of gatherings at family and in laws.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Everything is so messed up we ended having ours today with our bubble for logistical ease, full roast, Christmas pud, Christmas cake, pulling crackers, presents opened and the excellent card game Timeline. Tomorrow is now classified as any other day for us. Marvellous.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I wasn't feeling christmas'y at all. But we managed to get a table at the pub with close friends at short notice so enjoyed a 3 hr and 7 pint afternoon.

Got home at 7, got the 18 month old to bed, had a dance and fun in the living room with the 6 year old before bed at 9, loved putting out the mince pies, milk etc, and thats when my mood really turned into christmas mode.

Gave it an hour before we set up the presents ready for the 5am morning wake up. Everything is set.

Bring it on and I cant bloody wait to see their faces now!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Happy Christmas everyone. Look forward to seeing you in 2022.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here