Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno Documentary

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Loved this, very good. Hopefully they'll do more with past players.

I like what he said about the promotion being for all the players that came in the past too and for those that had to travel to Gillingham for home games.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Damn, just seen that [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] had already posted a thread on this yesterday. Sorry, could a mod please merge.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
You never fully appreciate people until they are gone
What a professional he was and nicely put together video

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Cleverist player in the Brighton Promotion Winning Team.

Would almost never make a rash challenge costing stupid free kicks or penalties and sometimes those small moments turned draws into wins that year. And then to be equally at home in the PL as he was in the Championship. Those clever moments would occasionally get you a point again by not making rash challenges when trying to grind out points. His experience was in valuable.

Even in that interview you could see him searching in his mind a more appropriate English word to better explain his feelings. Even if he couldn't find the appropriate word. The fact that you could see him searching for it. Helps you understand how much of a perfectionist he was in searching for the Best Vocabulary in his reportoire to try and ensure his true feelings were conveyed .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was going to merge this with the thread started by [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] but, if anyone deserves two threads, it's Bruno. :)

Great documentary bringing back so many happy memories. The man is a total legend.

One Sunday lunchtime a couple of years back one of the guys I sit with at The Amex and I were walking through central Hove to go for a lunchtime pint. There on the other side of the road was Bruno with lots of his family, I presume heading out for Sunday lunch together. Did we cross the road? Did we yell "Bruuuuunoooooo"? No, we did not. We walked on the other side wearing big smiles and a little nod of acknowledgment in his direction, like passing a deity, which we were. We talked afterwards over beer pretending that we'd let the man have some precious family time but actually both of us were too damn scared we'd make tits out of ourselves in front of him.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Wow, That was a brilliant tribute to a legend of a player. As many have said, very emotional. Now what a guy to have in the backroom coaching and helping new players - gives hope even in this most difficult of seasons.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Really enjoyed it, and yes he deserves two threads!

He really was phenomenal for us, and I'd be happy for him to stay around the club for as long he likes, not because of the "old boy" network, but because his intelligence, his passion, his mindset and his whole attitude are things that should be instilled in the club at every level.

If he wants the manager's job one day, I've a feeling he'd do bloody well at it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here