Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The official match day thread: The UK/EU deal.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
This thread is simply about the deal which seems to have been struck between the UK and the EU.

I personally believe the deal will pass into law because the only alternative is a No Deal. And is looking much better than May's deal.

Is anyone else relieved?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
0684d78b854d4730a42af3984c7d3a3c.jpg

Last edited:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
This thread is simply about the deal which seems to have been struck between the UK and the EU.

I personally believe the deal will pass into law because the only alternative is a No Deal. And is looking much better than May's deal.

Is anyone else relieved?

I have to admit, when I saw that van de Leyen was getting involved personally, it seemed that something good would come out of it.
A very, very impressive woman.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not as shit as No Deal, but still much, much shitter than our previous deal. Oh well. Have to put up with it for now.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
It'll be interesting to see if the ERG give their backing or not.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Hopefully some of the disaster capitalists like Crispin Odey and Rees-Mogg's offshore hedge fund will make a colossal loss.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Wonder if my seed potatoes will be cheaper this January with producers now unable to export to the EU. Doubt it.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Labour will not vote against the deal in the Commons next week and Sir Keir Starmer has been strongly hinting that he will whip his MPs to vote in favour. He has said that the party will vote in the national interest, and that no deal (the alternative) is clearly not in the national interest.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Labour will not vote against the deal in the Commons next week and Sir Keir Starmer has been strongly hinting that he will whip his MPs to vote in favour. He has said that the party will vote in the national interest, and that no deal (the alternative) is clearly not in the national interest.

There is no alternative. asides tearing the whole thing up and crucifying those who instigated it in the first place.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I am very happy if we get this deal.

OK, it is perhaps a Norway-- deal but future Governments can always look at joining the EU customs union and further integrate with the EEA.

I am not a real fan of rejoining the EU, but I do think we should now push to rejoin EFTA and then maximise our relationship with the EEA.

Johnson has a fine balancing act now as to when to announce this deal.

Obviously he wants to give the swivel eyed ERG loons the least possible time to throw a wobbly but also he'll want to get the hero bit done with all the back slapping before a long boozy Christmas Eve lunch.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here