Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So where did people catch Covid?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Have had 2 colds since March. The latest one I only went in 3 shops masked up, 2 of which made you wash hands before going in.

Strange

Yes, I've had two colds in the last 3 weeks. All I've done is my cornershop,two trips to Aldi and some swings with my kid. I am a meticulous handwasher and anti bacterial gel user

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yesterday I learnt, literally within the space of two hours, that first my best buddie, his wife and just about every adult family member round their xmas dinner table had contracted the thing, then that my son and his partner had also.

My best buddy lives in Crawley. His three household family gathering has laid most of them very low indeed. Who's to say who infected who? They followed the rules, just wanted a little bit of family back to normal on the back of that shitty year and they more or less all got zapped. It's only a couple of months since me, my buddy and his missus were yomping over the Downs, and now they're weak as kittens.

My son and his partner have been holed up on the 20th floor of an admittedly nice tower block since March. He's ultra-cautious as regards covid as his partner falls within the vulnerable range on a couple of scores. He only ventured out once pre-xmas, to get them some xmas food in. My boy is super-fit, ran two foreign marathons last year, but when I called him up yesterday to see how he was doing, his cough was so rough and raw that we reverted to text straightaway.

This is one vicious f*cking thing, and no mistake.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
There is a testing centre in Preston Park. You should only go for a test in this public park if you have covid symptoms ..... no wonder it's spreading like wildfire.
Walked the other side of the park earlier and there was a queue waiting in the rain ..... total madness

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
There is a testing centre in Preston Park. You should only go for a test in this public park if you have covid symptoms ..... no wonder it's spreading like wildfire.
Walked the other side of the park earlier and there was a queue waiting in the rain ..... total madness

But therein lies the dilemma. I started feeling a bit rough on 23 December feeling like the onset of a cold. By boxing day my legs were aching and had a fuzzy head. These flu like symptoms persisted and my wife also spent 27th in bed with same symptoms. At no point did either of us have a high temp, persistent dry cough or any loss of taste or smell. By the 28th we decided to get a test as my wife has to have some contact with her mum who is vulnerable due to age and a brain injury from an accident. On the 30th both tests came back as positive.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I believe (although I can never prove it) I caught it on or around the weekend of the Palace game in March. I travelled down from Huddersfield where I was at university through London to spend the weekend down here. Went to the palace game and on the Sunday I went to an Orielles gig in Brighton. All places in the early stages of the pandemic, when it most likely was in circulation. I then got the tube back across London up to Huddersfield. On the Monday I had a bit of a cough and thought nothing of it, went to the pub, went out etc. Then on the Thursday I felt like crap, couldn’t get out of bed, I simply thought this was nothing but a bad hangover so just carried on around uni, until walking up the stairs I just collapsed couldn’t walk up any further. Not going to pretend I’m a particularly healthy man but not that unfit and only 23 at the time. Then slowly one by one each of my flatmates got the same thing, until one got it so severe she was bed bound for about a week. I would love to know if this was it, I never had the loss of taste and smell, but by the time the Arsenal game was cancelled I felt fine and went to Bradford Park Avenue v Curzon Ashton instead. It would be interesting to have an anti body test to see if I did have it. As while I’ve not abused the rules, I’ve not exactly hunkered down inside, while many people around me caught it, I didn’t, it’s strange, but I guess I’ll never know.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
But therein lies the dilemma. I started feeling a bit rough on 23 December feeling like the onset of a cold. By boxing day my legs were aching and had a fuzzy head. These flu like symptoms persisted and my wife also spent 27th in bed with same symptoms. At no point did either of us have a high temp, persistent dry cough or any loss of taste or smell. By the 28th we decided to get a test as my wife has to have some contact with her mum who is vulnerable due to age and a brain injury from an accident. On the 30th both tests came back as positive.

I hope you are both on the mend. Similar with my nephew only a bit earlier than you. His test came back positive on Christmas Eve. He is feeling a lot better now.
Best wishes

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Friend picked it up after being admitted to hospital for other reasons, came home and gave it to teenage daughter but not husband

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
Caught it from my mother. She's 83 and recently widowed, had a heart scare which meant 4 days in two hospitals in Midlands. She was on a trolley in A&E all night, was tested (neg) on entry. I went up to take her home and care for her on release. Her symptoms started about 5 days after release, mine about 6. Thankfully she seems ok, q cheerful and has no bad side effects so far from virus. I'm ok, in a kinda flu-state, lethargic and bunged-up, aches but not terrible.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don’t know many in our circle at all that have caught it........

Neighbour caught it from the carers that were coming in to look after his very ill wife
Cousin’s daughter caught it at Uni (in Halls)
Wife’s cousin who works as a carer in people’s homes

Genuinely can’t think of any others. Son works at a football club, even they’ve had very few cases. Daughter is a nurse and was on a Covid ward for 3 months and didn’t catch it (or at least didn’t show any symptoms), but did sadly lose two colleagues.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here