Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So where did people catch Covid?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
By now there must be many people on NSC who have had Covid or know someone who has.

So where was it caught?

I hope nobody is too embarrassed to share the details.

Our immediate neighbours in Herts caught it when her parents left Wales to stay with them to avoid an earlier lockdown. They brought it with them, either from Wales or from the Service Stations and all four of them caught it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My grand daughter almost certainly caught it at school, fortunately she was picked up from school by her parents, neither of whom suffered too much, and she recovered very quickly

I imagine a lot of grand parents caught it from picking up their kids children when the parents went back to work. It was pretty well guaranteed that would happen wasn’t it?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Im currently catching it over at my mothers apartment. She caught it from the care home where she is working.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Luckily I know very few who have had it, but the people I know think they got it (obviously they can't be sure)

1 Teacher from School
1 Who caught it from her mother who is a care worker
1 School Assistant from School
1 From visiting a Care home (1st wave)

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
It'll be interesting to see what precautions we use currently that people will continue using post-Covid. I for one will always use a knuckle to press buttons on ATMs, train doors, buses, supermarket self checkout tap screens and the like. I saw a girl use her elbow on a train door button a few days ago.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
The one I know who definitely caught and subsequently passed away as a result caught it whilst in hospital

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
all 8 twenty somethings came back from a Croatia week away with it ... probably infected everyone on plane and half the airport too

at least 6 of their parents

s-i-l in Hove who just hasn't bothered (but has been careful??)

someone on the community next to ours here from continual 'sundowners' with neighbours ... assume some of those have it too

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So far as I'm aware I haven't had it, however I know someone who caught it on a flight in the USA at the very start of March just as they were cutting short their holiday and heading home given the trajectory of the thing

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Another neighbour's elderly dad had a mild stroke. While recovering in hospital he caught Coved and is still in Intensive Care.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How would you know where you caught it from ? [emoji2375]

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Wifes nan caught and died from it living in a care home.

Wife had a positive test after someone went into the office feeling unwell.

One of our kids caught it from the wife but me and other didn't get it:shrug:

Barrow Boy

NSC Patreon
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
My youngest daughter has been working in a large care home right the way through the pandemic and, up to 2 weeks ago, had managed to remain free of the virus. Her partner then got it at the small printing factory he works at and passed it on to my daughter and their 2 youngest children (2 and 4). Her partner has recovered ok and the 2 little ones just seem to have colds, my daughter however is still getting high temps and feeling crap and has now developed kidney problems. The doctor has put her on antibiotics treating it as a kidney infection but 3 days in and she is still in pain. She is terrified of going into a Covid ward in hospital as she knows what has been happening. Extremely worried for her.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
My youngest daughter has been working in a large care home right the way through the pandemic and, up to 2 weeks ago, had managed to remain free of the virus. Her partner then got it at the small printing factory he works at and passed it on to my daughter and their 2 youngest children (2 and 4). Her partner has recovered ok and the 2 little ones just seem to have colds, my daughter however is still getting high temps and feeling crap and has now developed kidney problems. The doctor has put her on antibiotics treating it as a kidney infection but 3 days in and she is still in pain. She is terrified of going into a Covid ward in hospital as she knows what has been happening. Extremely worried for her.

All the best to her.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Only person I know, caught it in hospital after being admitted for dementia after the care-home couldn't cope with her.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here