Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Home game at Griffin Park

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
When and Why did we play a home game at Griffin Park?

I cant find anything online, but Mayo said he played a home game for Brighton at Griffin Park. I don't recall it but i am sure someone on here can help!

Over to NSC.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We had pot holes appearing on the pitch at Withdean. I seem to recall Oh Gary Hart almost disappearing into one. No amount of sand and forking solved the problem. ???

And I can now say that I've seen us play at 'Home' in five different stadia :mad:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Auto windscreens cup game I think

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
“You’re supposed to be away”

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
9th January 2001, a penalty defeat following a 2-2 draw in whatever the Football League Trophy was called back then. A hole opened up on the Withdean pitch against Southend on New Years Day. The game against Brentford was moved to their ground and then we didn't play at home until Feb 10th against Cardiff. I'm sure we had to postpone the home games on January 6th and 20th which is partly what led to us having games in hand to play towards the end of the season.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
9th January 2001, a penalty defeat following a 2-2 draw in whatever the Football League Trophy was called back then. A hole opened up on the Withdean pitch against Southend on New Years Day. The game against Brentford was moved to their ground and then we didn't play at home until Feb 10th against Cardiff. I'm sure we had to postpone the home games on January 6th and 20th which is partly what led to us having games in hand to play towards the end of the season.

I have video footage of this game somewhere, what a pitch!

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
we had a fair few games postponed around then as it was under water as well IIRC

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Oh come on, you're all thinking it-
We had pot holes appearing on the pitch at Withdean. I seem to recall Oh Gary Hart almost disappearing into one.
The FA are still looking into it!
Merry Xmas

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I remember going to that.

Brentford always used to beat us at that point. Even when we were flying at the top of the league they smashed us at there place.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Counts as a home game? If so i was at that for some reason ,novelty factor i suppose . Aldershot switched a Cup tie to West Ham in 91 att 22992 which technically would be our biggest home attendance ,but nobody counts it.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The main things I remember from that night are Micky Adams having a bit of a love in with the Brentford fans and singing the Great Escape all through extra time after Cullis’s sending off.

The penalty shoot out was at the other end, which was a bit disappointing as we couldn’t really do anything to help.

It was a more fun evening than the 4-0 defeats, at least.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
The main things I remember from that night are Micky Adams having a bit of a love in with the Brentford fans and singing the Great Escape all through extra time after Cullis’s sending off.

The penalty shoot out was at the other end, which was a bit disappointing as we couldn’t really do anything to help.

It was a more fun evening than the 4-0 defeats, at least.

That was the one with Bob Booker in temporary charge. Any ambition he might have had to get the job full time quickly evaporated after that awful performance. One of few games I have actually left before the end it was so bad. A feeble dismal performance.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here