Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football in these trying times

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Anyone agree with me that in the current situation, football is not necessary ? As of today, only Scousers can get in grounds, further down the pyramid we can't watch grass roots football. Some might be of the opinion that watching their team going through the paces on TV to fulfil broadcasting contracts is ok, but it's not football as we know it. Should the whole thing be postponed ? Thoughts ?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I 100% disagree ... There is nothing else we can do these wet cold winter covid days / evenings. Being able to watch Football on TV or Stream is for me and I`m sure many others a godsend.

Stay safe everybody and Happy Christmas !!

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
Anyone agree with me that in the current situation, football is not necessary ? As of today, only Scousers can get in grounds, further down the pyramid we can't watch grass roots football. Some might be of the opinion that watching their team going through the paces on TV to fulfil broadcasting contracts is ok, but it's not football as we know it. Should the whole thing be postponed ? Thoughts ?

Football is necessary as it keeps millions of people at home glued to the TV set during a pandemic. We need Football 24 hours a day!!!

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Despite some very extremely disappointing results of late, I’m still looking forward too, and hoping for, an Albion away win on the 27th. UTA.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Taken at it's most boiled down, football was NEVER necessary. Any more than pubs were. But for better or worse, or more likely somewhere in between, they both form a major part of the fabric of who many of us as a nation ARE. Oh, and wars of course. Mustn't forget wars

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I 100% disagree ... There is nothing else we can do these wet cold winter covid days / evenings. Being able to watch Football on TV or Stream is for me and I`m sure many others a godsend.

Stay safe everybody and Happy Christmas !!

Absolutely this.

Particularly on a mental health level.

So much that we love has (unfortunately) been taken away from us, and continues to be taken away.

We need opportunities to pre-occupy our minds, to be passionate about something, or just let off some steam.

Football means a lot to me (and not just BHA).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’d be so bored without football. Thank goodness it’s still going.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

I was exactly the same in March, April but we nw know what the risk is and how to solve it, we need to move on so footy continues please

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
From a personal point of view it’s helped my mental health no end as well as economically aiding all those ‘spinoff’ industries

Last edited:

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Taken at it's most boiled down, football was NEVER necessary. Any more than pubs were. But for better or worse, or more likely somewhere in between, they both form a major part of the fabric of who many of us as a nation ARE. Oh, and wars of course. Mustn't forget wars

At least we tend to win wars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Nay, nay and thrice nay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here