Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Backs to the wall in Premier League or Brazil 1970 in The Championship?

What would you rather watch us play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good question on Albion Roar this week. Would you prefer to be watching us playing backs to the wall stuff in the Premier League or "Brazil 1970" in The Championship?

Poll to follow. There is no fence.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Its like a Nobel Prize party vs a rave in the forest... you'd be desperate to go to the first if you got invited, because a lot of people are attracted to status and glory, but you would have a lot more fun at the rave.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Providing we average 3 goals a game and win all 46 league games, I may take a season in the Championship, otherwise I always prefer to play at the highest level possible.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Providing we average 3 goals a game and win all 46 league games, I may take a season in the Championship, otherwise I always prefer to play at the highest level possible.

Championship is the highest level of football in the world as all of the best leagues have converted into VARball. If Safe Standing is implemented in the Championship in a few years, they should also implement the system they have in the Dutch third league - if you win you dont need to be promoted, you could just choose to keep chilling in a league where things are more fun and less expensive.

(I'm half joking.. but top leagues are generally not that fun if you're not a top team)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was asked the question. I plumped for Brazil 70 in The Championship with the rider that if it was successful you'd be back where you started.

Swanny's opt out idea is interesting but I don't think it will be interesting Mr Bloom very much!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Go down this season and we won't be coming back anytime soon. The couple of players worth asset-stripping ain't going to hang around, any more than 10k of STH are. TB's Brave New World turns to shit as soon as we go down, sadly

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Go down this season and we won't be coming back anytime soon. The couple of players worth asset-stripping ain't going to hang around, any more than 10k of STH are. TB's Brave New World turns to shit as soon as we go down, sadly

Correct . . .the top of the Championship is a bear pit and no easier than the bottom of the PL.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Average attendance last season in Championship: 27,995. :shrug:

League position of TB:s last owned Championship team: 2 :shrug:

Number of people accurately predicting the doomsday over the last 2000 years: 0

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I was mooching around the Watford board the other day the majority can’t wait to get back to the PL.

No shit they want to be promoted. But one thing does not exclude the other. When I followed Swansea for a season people were both happy to be in the Championship (more games, interesting away trips, more open football etc. and Potterball vs whatever they did their last two PL seasons) while they also wanted to get promoted.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
No shit they want to be promoted.

Smart arse aren't you..

When I followed Swansea for a season.

:lolol:
punish:

people were both happy to be in the Championship (more games, interesting away trips, more open football etc. and Potterball vs whatever they did their last two PL seasons) while they also wanted to get promoted.

Just what are you saying ? absolutely nothing, they do, but they don't ? :shootself

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Average attendance last season in Championship: 27,995. :shrug:

League position of TB:s last owned Championship team: 2 :shrug:

Number of people accurately predicting the doomsday over the last 2000 years: 0

Can see now why mum doesn't let you out of her basement other than to sign for pizza deliveries :shrug:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've gone for defensive in the Prem, at least for the next couple of seasons.

I want to see the club surpass our 4 seasons in the 80s, I want to see us amass more wins than we achieved in that first stint and - hopefully - to have beaten every club at least once so that the stat "Brighton haven't beaten X in the top flight since 1980-something" can't get trotted out again, and the point of reference will be this spell.

Secondly, it's never a given that a club will bounce back at the first attempt. If we went down now it would probably be with WBA and Sheff Utd who would be very strong in the Championship, especially if they have their present managers.

I imagine Watford fans will be getting very jittery now.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Smart arse aren't you..

:lolol:
punish:

Just what are you saying ? absolutely nothing, they do, but they don't ? :shootself

Not surprised it got a bit too complicated for some people. Let me see if I can help you:

They enjoyed the experience while they of course also wanted to get promoted.

Could be compared to sex: the orgasm is great, but the journey is very nice as well.

If you think back to 16/17, did you enjoy the season or did you go grumpy/emotionless until promotion was secured?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Not surprised it got a bit too complicated for some people. Let me see if I can help you:

They enjoyed the experience while they of course also wanted to get promoted.

Could be compared to sex: the orgasm is great, but the journey is very nice as well.

If you think back to 16/17, did you enjoy the season or did you go grumpy/emotionless until promotion was secured?

Your a sanctimonious Tw@t and i wish you would Feck off.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've gone for defensive in the Prem, at least for the next couple of seasons.

I want to see the club surpass our 4 seasons in the 80s, I want to see us amass more wins than we achieved in that first stint and - hopefully - to have beaten every club at least once so that the stat "Brighton haven't beaten X in the top flight since 1980-something" can't get trotted out again, and the point of reference will be this spell.

Secondly, it's never a given that a club will bounce back at the first attempt. If we went down now it would probably be with WBA and Sheff Utd who would be very strong in the Championship, especially if they have their present managers.

I imagine Watford fans will be getting very jittery now.

win 10 games in a season . . . .13 would be fantastic!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here