Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter to remain at Brighton...even if they get relegated

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Good. Hopefully he’ll be backed in the January transfer window and we can get that striker.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If this is the case, good for you and good for me.

Dont think relegation will happen though so hopefully this is just hypothetical.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, still no pressure Potter. Just shrug off defeats talking about fine margins and learnings. Zzzz.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I guess we're doomed to inept football for a while longer then

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Proper sauce? ???

Nope this is a proper sauce.

s-l1000.jpg :thumbsup:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
How many transfer windows, for how many managers, have we been saying that for?

Far too many :( Hopefully we’ll soon see an end to us shopping in the bargain basements of the lottery that is most European leagues :albion2:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Far too many :( Hopefully we’ll soon see an end to us shopping in the bargain basements of the lottery that is most European leagues :albion2:
Get a few more walking wounded like Lallana and Welbeck and hope they hold together?

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
We aren’t that bad a team to be fair and statistically Potter has good numbers bar actually winning a few more games. If Bloom wants or needs to roll the dice it should be for a bench striker from a top six team.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’d rather proven ‘walking wounded’ than relatively expensive flops such as Locadia and Ali J :shrug:

There's the middle road as well... not signing a PL player but also not signing someone from the Benelux leagues (almost always a lottery). France, Spain, Germany and Portugal are good markets where you can find high quality at reasonable costs. PL players are generally very expensive.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
There's the middle road as well... not signing a PL player but also not signing someone from the Benelux leagues (almost always a lottery). France, Spain, Germany and Portugal are good markets where you can find high quality at reasonable costs. PL players are generally very expensive.

I know and, as I said on another thread, I totally get that expensive punts on players don’t always equate to a good investment (see Joelinton at Newcastle or Wesley at Villa). But far too long we’ve shopped around the Spanish 2nd tier, the Dutch and Belgian leagues hoping to unearth a hidden gem at reduced cost and it’s rarely worked. A new tactic is needed, be it looking at players on the beaches of top 6 sides (e.g Origi) or looking to the Championship at players likely to step up (ala Watkins). Either option is potentially expensive but I’d argue it’d carry less risk than our current tactic of hoping one of our cheap imports from the less star studded leagues across Europe will turn good.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Does Ian Hart know any more than any of us, or is it just his opinion?

Not really, I honestly thought the last two games might be the tipping point but then was told by someone at the club as stated in the column that's GP's job is safe regardless of relegation, as TB has a long term vision of which GP is a huge part.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here