Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thee Albion: team harmony & passion.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A few seasons ago, certain players could galvanise the squad with their passion and love for the club. Players like Bruno would encourage an extra 10% from team mates, knockaert & Ryan would gee up the crowd by running the length of the pitch to celebrate a goal, all of which gave you a sense of team togetherness and harmony that went along way to good results and resilience.

However it may just be me, but I look at Trossard and he always looks sulky, Connolly looks constantly like Mr Angry, Ryan looks broken, Jahanbakhsh comes over like he is trying too hard to be accepted. Maupay looks like he does not want to be here anymore. I don't get the impression everything is rosey in the garden and I am worried because for us to progress as a team and stay up, we need that togetherness.

Thoughts people.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Things are not going well on the pitch and covid leaves absolutely 0 opportunity for team bonding stuff. Life is probably as "rosey" for them as it is for you and me.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Any team unit would miss the galvanising effect of the likes of Duffy, Bruno and Knocky

But think back to that saying about team spirit being the illusion created by winning.

I think if we were on a decent run of home results with a packed amex we'd be seeing some of the current crop, Bissouma, Lallana, Lamptey in some mad goal celebrations with the fans and it would all look a bit rosier.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
A few seasons ago, certain players could galvanise the squad with their passion and love for the club. Players like Bruno would encourage an extra 10% from team mates, knockaert & Ryan would gee up the crowd by running the length of the pitch to celebrate a goal, all of which gave you a sense of team togetherness and harmony that went along way to good results and resilience.

However it may just be me, but I look at Trossard and he always looks sulky, Connolly looks constantly like Mr Angry, Ryan looks broken, Jahanbakhsh comes over like he is trying too hard to be accepted. Maupay looks like he does not want to be here anymore. I don't get the impression everything is rosey in the garden and I am worried because for us to progress as a team and stay up, we need that togetherness.

Thoughts people.

I disagree. You've picked out players who are all off form so of course they're not going to look happy out there.

On the other hand, Sanchez, Lamptey, Webster, March, Bissouma, Lallana and Welbeck all look like they're enjoying themselves.

And it will all look very different for all of them when we pick up a couple of wins.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Thoughts people.

Yup, this. Where's the Caldes? The Brunos? The Bongs? The Kayals? The DUFFYs? The current crop look a shadow of the #together era. Where's the team spirit? Where's the passion? How did it all fall apart so quick?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

Thoughts people.

mentioned this on another thread last week .....i smell a rat , something not right ... , deals done , big names out in jan , new faces in , noses out of joint ...?? pure speculation of course but something isn't right.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I disagree. You've picked out players who are all off form so of course they're not going to look happy out there.

On the other hand, Sanchez, Lamptey, Webster, March, Bissouma, Lallana and Welbeck all look like they're enjoying themselves.

And it will all look very different for all of them when we pick up a couple of wins.

webster looks like he can't believe his luck.

trossard , maupay and connolly look miserable/angry .....where's the love ffs.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yup, this. Where's the Caldes? The Brunos? The Bongs? The Kayals? The DUFFYs? The current crop look a shadow of the #together era. Where's the team spirit? Where's the passion? How did it all fall apart so quick?

I'm sure you praised the passion and team spirit etc of these guys on a frequent basis during spring 2019.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Bring back Micky Adams (MK1), Cullip and Oatway. Keep the faith

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Think this was said over the summer. Change is good but sometimes moving to many on at once isn’t. We might have moved to many experienced players on who knew each other, had got promoted together and stayed up together. They all put their bodies on the line. The new group wouldn’t have had any time really to bond off the training pitch and maybe it shows on the pitch. I believe long term players like Lallana and Welbeck who have seen it done it can help bond the young players

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

MAybe they've had all thir personalities neutralised by Pyschological training, or 'brainwashing'

Sea Eagle

Jun 23, 2011

Thoughts people.

Spot on, something has sucked the life out of the team this year. Don’t blame it on covid as for many teams that has been a chance to bond in a different way.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
webster looks like he can't believe his luck.

trossard , maupay and connolly look miserable/angry .....where's the love ffs.

Agreed re Webster, he looks like he's trying not to cry because he can't cope or burst out laughing at the sheer improbability of his current position.

T,M,&C shouldn't be in the squad at the moment, I think their form has dipped and anger is creeping out to the detriment of the team.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
IMO, "team harmony & passion", or something like that, is missing at the moment.

I cant put my finger on it, but there seems to be a lack of cohesiveness, or the team acting as a unit at the moment.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Think this was said over the summer. Change is good but sometimes moving to many on at once isn’t. We might have moved to many experienced players on who knew each other, had got promoted together and stayed up together. They all put their bodies on the line. The new group wouldn’t have had any time really to bond off the training pitch and maybe it shows on the pitch. I believe long term players like Lallana and Welbeck who have seen it done it can help bond the young players

could also be that they are all as hacked of with this covid situation as the rest of us.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
If I was playing as badly as a few of them are, stuck in another relegation fight with no fans to lift you, plus a bleeding virus on the loose to keep you from letting off steam and seeing your family and close friends, I'd feel a bit down and not full of the togetherness we might usually see on the pitch.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Totally agree with the OP. There's no characters in there.

The whole squad and management situation feels souless. It's all part of the 'project' overseen by Barber and Ashworth, the club has turned into a corporate machine and now the players don't seem interested either, however much you spin a 3 year contract for a 32 year old sicknote

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

boik

Blimey these threads are even getting me, a perennial optimist, depressed. I've seen threads blaming, Maupay, Conolly, Webster, Ryan, Burn, and almost every player. Most threads blame the manager. Also worth a mention apparently are Barber and Ashworth. Even Tony cops some stick for not spending enough.

Blame, blame blame. I hope it makes you feel better.

I'm guessing we won't be getting any apologies if Maupay and Conolly score a couple of goals apiece and we rise up the league a bit. You'll all just bathe in the "glory" of supporting the albion and say how wonderful everything is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here