Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are you ready for Christmas yet?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
How I love (and by 'love' I mean 'hate') that question and, as I can't recall being asked it - an unexpected silver lining to the cloud we're all living under - I thought I'd ask you fine people.

I'm at that stage where I'm beginning to contemplate thinking about starting my Christmas shopping and, as this is a male-dominated community, I can't imagine anyone is ready yet.

But, just in case - are YOU ready?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Normally last minute, this time we’ve been organised and bought most presents in late Nov/early Dec. A trip to Brighton tomorrow to finish off.

Most people we know did everything from putting their lights and tree up, to buying presents, a month earlier than normal. Motivated by having more time on their hands (WFH, the last lockdown ... so bored) and all the bad press about shortages of everything due to world freight being adversely affected by CV19. Plenty of media warnings in the autumn not to leave buying late.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep. Presents all bought and wrapped, dinner planned and all food ordered.

Thank God for Amazon, getting made redundant in September and lockdown meaning there wasn’t much else to do [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Hell no. Not finished work yet, in the midst of moving house, homeless in 9 days for 11 days, trying to forecast hotel restrictions etc,half my house is in storage, the other half on gumtree. Most shopping still to to do. Its fecking chaos. No, not ready. Nor do I expect to be!!

Yes for once. Homeworking during lockdown surely gives you more time to plan, and I’m perennially bad at that

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What is this Christmas folk speak of ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All done. Largely thanks to Mrs T, Amazon and my credit card. All the nosh sourced from local outlet, Macknade, with delivery incoming. Two guests to dinner, my son and my old pal and neighbour, Bob the (retired) social worker, with whom I watch all footballs (and I mean all the finest footballs known to humanity, accompanied by the finest wines*). If that is against Boris' guidelines, **** him. The utter ****.

* finest.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here