Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you rather....

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Two scenarios, which would you rather?

A] Apply the footballing principles introduced under Potter, if it ended with us getting relegated this season?
This would be with a long term hope that we would come back up.

B] Sack Potter, go full Pulisball, recruit accordingly in January, with the guarantee of us staying up this season?
In this scenario, Potter’s replacement would stay into next season btw.

*Obvs These are extreme, theoretical scenarios and in real life the ideal would be Potter keeps us up playing nice football.

Last edited:

Krusty

Sep 9, 2006
A please.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Option A all fecking day.

Should we go down it’s worth considering how the fans of the three relegated teams are enjoying their football in comparison to last season.

I don’t EVER want a repeat of the last six months under CH...at any level thanks

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
A, but that isn’t what we are currently doing. The team are not playing Potterball hence support for him wavering.

Good point.
I’ve rewritten the first scenario.

Last edited:

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Please can we play attractive football and win some matches. Other teams manage it. Why can't we?

Not sure why it has to be either good football and be relegated or shit football and stay up?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Please can we play attractive football and win some matches. Other teams manage it. Why can't we?

Not sure why it has to be either good football and be relegated or shit football and stay up?

Not that many of the smaller clubs though. Bournemouth probably the only exception until they, erm, went down.

PS A

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
A for me. The philosophy is sound and we are playing good football, creating a load of chances, we just need a striker who can do one of them goal things :albion2:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Ridiculous. B is not the only alternative to A.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
I love Potter’s footballing ideas, I love how he thinks the game ought to be played.
In the premier league, we just haven’t got the right calibre of players to play it week in, week out.
So scenario C for me.....keep Potter and back him with funding

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I don't want to us to be anything like Watford - whose managers must never even think about planning beyond a few months ahead. Plan B sounds a bit too close to that.

Of course, there is also the Everton way: get in a big name manager who can really turn things around.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
I am with the majority on this thread - A

It's nice to see that there are others who feel the same way.

It goes without saying of course that playing good football AND staying up is what we really want!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here