Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pm's briefing - 5pm

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Following on from this:

"Another Nervtag member, Prof Neil Ferguson, from Imperial College London, told the briefing there was strong evidence the new variant is 50% more transmissible than the previous virus.

He also said there was a "hint" the new variant infects children more.

"There are other epidemiologically interesting trends with the virus, there is a hint that it has a higher propensity to infect children... but we haven't established any sort of causality on that, but we can see that in the data," he said. "

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Is this the same bloke who was caught breaking his own rules meeting up and shagging another bloke's wife who has got every single prediciton catastrophically wrong and resigned back in April ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Why they don’t just announce the national lockdown in new year already I don’t know, we all know it’s coming and we’ve known since the November lockdown finished, stop lying to us.

If this super strain is 75% more infectious than an ALREADY highly infectious virus they should be locking the entire country down now, but they aren’t... why?

Its classic Johnson. Procrastinate and piss about with all the hard unpopular decisions until the last possible moment, until he's literally left with no other option. This week I saw him described as being like a child who eats his dinner, but pushes all the veg around his plate, putting off the unpalatable stuff until the very last moment. Thought that was pretty much spot-on.

BTW, I'd be interested to see the scientific back-up to this strain being "70% more infectious". I've heard it from the likes of that dithering wet fish Hancock and it seems to be the cabinets new stat to scare the shit out of us, but I can't escape the feeling they're plucking these kind of stats from their arses most of the time.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
1 in 20 people are now consuming 5 bottles of wine a week

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
OK so Covid is a seasonal flu. We need a new flu vaccine every year owing to mutations.

What we have here in North Kent is Covid-20.

You can guess the rest.

think you know that isnt true. its more like Covid-19.4982. (or B.1.1.7 as its formally known)

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I suspect that by February, we will see new targets set for vaccinations as the previous targets were way too optimistic.
Everyone done by 2023?

I know everyone hates Boris and the Tories but it's not them doing the vaccine rollout. Someone in the other thread regularly points out that the NHS does 15 million flu vaccinations every single year. The infrastructure and protocols already exist, it just needs to be scaled up.

Even if the numbers are only on a par with the yearly flu vaccine almost every vulnerable person will be vaccinated by March.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Its classic Johnson. Procrastinate and piss about with all the hard unpopular decisions until the last possible moment, until he's literally left with no other option. This week I saw him described as being like a child who eats his dinner, but pushes all the veg around his plate, putting off the unpalatable stuff until the very last moment. Thought that was pretty much spot-on.

BTW, I'd be interested to see the scientific back-up to this strain being "70% more infectious". I've heard it from the likes of that dithering wet fish Hancock and it seems to be the cabinets new stat to scare the shit out of us, but I can't escape the feeling they're plucking these kind of stats from their arses most of the time.

They were simply stating the estimate from NERVTAG >>> https://khub.net/documents/13593956...b-161f-2fd5-1030-32b6ab467896?t=1608470511452

Not entirely sure what people expect them to do.

It’s worth adding that NERVTAG have gone from moderate confidence that the new variant is more transmissible, to highly confident over the past few days.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

the number comes from the experts. unfortunatly, those experts include Prof Neil Ferguson, he of inflated statistical projections (and breaking the lockdown rules).

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Totally correct, the amount of aircraft leaving and arriving in the UK is mad..( check any flight app) we should have shut our borders as soon as we knew about Covid in MArch last year.

But that would have affected profit and been called racist.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I suspect that by February, we will see new targets set for vaccinations as the previous targets were way too optimistic.
Everyone done by 2023?

Other way I reckon- approval of the Oxford vaccine in the next week or so, and a colossal effort involving the army, mobile centres etc etc to get as many done as quickly as possible.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They were simply stating the estimate from NERVTAG >>> https://khub.net/documents/13593956...b-161f-2fd5-1030-32b6ab467896?t=1608470511452

Not entirely sure what people expect them to do.

It’s worth adding that NERVTAG have gone from moderate confidence that the new variant is more transmissible, to highly confident over the past few days.

the number comes from the experts. unfortunatly, those experts include Prof Neil Ferguson, he of inflated statistical projections (and breaking the lockdown rules).

Case in point.
We've spent most of the year wading through so much bullshit from politicians and experts, its grown impossibly difficult to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
. 20201221_200837.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Everyone done by 2023?

Bloody hell that's pessimistic. Even with this useless, incompetent lot in charge we should be more or less done by the end of 2021 in my very ill informed opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here