Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pm's briefing - 5pm

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Why they don’t just announce the national lockdown in new year already I don’t know, we all know it’s coming and we’ve known since the November lockdown finished, stop lying to us.

If this super strain is 75% more infectious than an ALREADY highly infectious virus they should be locking the entire country down now, but they aren’t... why?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Nothing much really happens over the Christmas week, schools are all closed, many non essential businesses are shut, why not just lockdown everybody until 4th Jan, then everybody will be the same

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Faisal Islam is reporting Europe is pissed that the U.K. didn’t alert them via the early warning systems in place and thus the shutdown, why would he not have done this?

it was the weekend and they dont read their emails until Monday?

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Why they don’t just announce the national lockdown in new year already I don’t know, we all know it’s coming and we’ve known since the November lockdown finished, stop lying to us.

If this super strain is 75% more infectious than an ALREADY highly infectious virus they should be locking the entire country down now, but they aren’t... why?
Because he hasn't got the b0llocks. He's trying to sit on the fence and appease the minority of wet blankets who bang on about lockdowns affecting their mental health and civil liberties.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nothing much really happens over the Christmas week, schools are all closed, many non essential businesses are shut, why not just lockdown everybody until 4th Jan, then everybody will be the same

We need Tier 2 towns like Horsham left open so everybody can get the train down from Tier 4 London and Surrey to do their Christmas shopping.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Really the only thing that matters now is: will the vaccine work on the new variant? As is the way of things I expect the answer won't be a clear "yes" or a clear "no" but instead a solid "it depends".

Everything else is just appeasing various pressure groups, none of whom will get exactly what they want and will complain about it.

I fully expect a new parliamentary approved national lockdown in each of our nations by the end of December but I can also see why they are not doing it right now. Hopefully things will be looking better by mid-January - and by early February we will probably be much closer to knowing the answer to the vaccine effectiveness question.

Last edited:

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Covid-19 case rates are now above 1,000 cases per 100,000 people in eight local areas of the UK, PA reports.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

To put this number in perspective, 20 per 100k of population from ECDC data was the number generally use/d by the FCDO to impose travel restrictions on countries to go on the not safe to travel to lists. We are 50 x that number now. I cant see how the country can avoid a long national lockdown from January for some months

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Really the only thing that matters now is: will the vaccine work on the new variant? As is the way of things I expect the answer won't be a clear "yes" or a clear "no" but instead a solid "it depends".

Everything else is just appeasing various pressure groups, none of whom will get exactly what they want and will complain about it.

I fully expect a new parliamentary approved national lockdown in each of our nations by the end of December but I can also see why they are not doing it right now. Hopefully things will be looking better by mid-January - and by early February we will probably be much closer to knowing the answer to the vaccine effectiveness question.

I suspect that by February, we will see new targets set for vaccinations as the previous targets were way too optimistic.
Everyone done by 2023?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I suspect that by February, we will see new targets set for vaccinations as the previous targets were way too optimistic.
Everyone dead by 2023?

Corrected for you.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

OK so Covid is a seasonal flu. We need a new flu vaccine every year owing to mutations.

What we have here in North Kent is Covid-20.

You can guess the rest.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What, before being evicted the Orange bungle**** starts talking about the Medway Virus?

Swale. It's Swale. Medway is borderline cockney ???

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
What we have here in North Kent is Covid-20.

You can guess the rest.
Yes, fairly depressing if that is the case. But we - by which I mean the science and organisation - will hopefully get better at things as we get more experienced.

I think even the most visceral detractors of our response would agree that the government and systems put in place have more scope for improving than getting worse.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
ted.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here