Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pm's briefing - 5pm

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Good grief, he was just questioned why he keeps over promising, then having to go back on his word. He then comes back with ' We can look forward to a better Britain at Easter' :ffsparr:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Patrick Vallance saying the tiered approach wasn't for him and that more restrictions are needed to keep the new strain at bay.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Every time he's asked that kind of question he essentially says the same thing, which I think you can read as 'this isn't my decision and it isn't enough', Which, given he is supposedly the expert, is worrying.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Let's hope he increases the Tiers for the areas surrounding 4 to at least 3

7892d16ad129fbb77ce851f624aa739f.jpg

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
145 where I live and we are in full lockdown.

it's crazy we're not ... 600 cases in week to 16th, up 364. These are the first set of figures that don't include the mass screening of students, the figure to the 9th included them ... so it's probably growing significantly quicker. Even with the reduced Christmas shenanigans probably looking at 500+/100K by the end of the year.

B&H 5,162 cases in total, 600 in the last week.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
40 countries now banning flights/travel from the UK. It’s like we are the only country with Covid

It’s a conspiracy I tell you

Look, we have better Covid. More vigorous, thriving freely outside of the oppression of the EU. The Europeans can't stand our success, that's all.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
‘Moveable Barrier on the M20’

I’m completely reassured by that.

M2 being used instead but there is a problem, currently, owing to an overturned car at Faversham :whistle:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Every time he's asked that kind of question he essentially says the same thing, which I think you can read as 'this isn't my decision and it isn't enough', Which, given he is supposedly the expert, is worrying.

Governments govern, experts advise.

A successful expert is one who doesn't resign when his advice is ignored.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Look, we have better Covid. More vigorous, thriving freely outside of the oppression of the EU. The Europeans can't stand our success, that's all.

I think you'll find that our Covid is world beating.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
He's an absolute fking nob. At least it seems his advisors have told him not to use that dreadful euphemism "Australian style trade terms".

The Australian finance minister stating that their deal with Europe is shit might have had something to do with that.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Hmmm

It’s really starting to look like he announced the mutant strain to scare people over Christmas and shift the blame for cutting the 5 days and its backfired.

Given you have to assume he has seen the evidence if he was that worried the whole country would be in lockdown.

Faisal Islam is reporting Europe is pissed that the U.K. didn’t alert them via the early warning systems in place and thus the shutdown, why would he not have done this?

He’s either refusing to lockdown early with Super Covid in Kent or he’s over played it.

Neither is a good look

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Hmmm

It’s really starting to look like he announced the mutant strain to scare people over Christmas and shift the blame for cutting the 5 days and its backfired.

Given you have to assume he has seen the evidence if he was that worried the whole country would be in lockdown.

Faisal Islam is reporting Europe is pissed that the U.K. didn’t alert them via the early warning systems in place and thus the shutdown, why would he not have done this?

He’s either refusing to lockdown early with Super Covid in Kent or he’s over played it.

Neither is a good look

Poppycock. And then something in Latin.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Any brainwashed Tories still willing to stick up for this totally out of his depth, clueless idiot and his band of useless nodding dogs.
Or is it still Starmers lack of decision making and thanking God we have not got Corbyn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here