Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pm's briefing - 5pm

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
To me it's inconceivable we're the only country that has the 'new strain'. Just seen a fairly convincing scientist interviewed who suggested that we're the among world leaders (only Denmark ahead) in identifying genomes so it's quite likely we've simply identified it earlier..................would potentially explain the increases already seen in other countries perhaps (large no of European countries still have higher - much higher in some cases - rates of infection than us).

Totally correct, the amount of aircraft leaving and arriving in the UK is mad..( check any flight app) we should have shut our borders as soon as we knew about Covid in MArch last year.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Is it me or does BJ always seem to have a slight smirk on his face

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So this was just a press conference about a traffic jam?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nothing new then really today.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
To me it's inconceivable we're the only country that has the 'new strain'. Just seen a fairly convincing scientist interviewed who suggested that we're the among world leaders (only Denmark ahead) in identifying genomes so it's quite likely we've simply identified it earlier..................would potentially explain the increases already seen in other countries perhaps (large no of European countries still have higher - much higher in some cases - rates of infection than us).

could explain sudden rise in cases in Germany who'd done so well to keep a lid on things.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Grant Shapps, I bet all those lorry drivers are really delighted with your Brexit planning that has worked so successfully.
Thanks for sharing that insight with us, it seems strange that none of the lorry drivers have said the same thing.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....tant-coronavirus-detected-brazil-23200436.amp

Who knows who has it

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Patrick Vallance saying the tiered approach wasn't for him and that more restrictions are needed to keep the new strain at bay.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
could explain sudden rise in cases in Germany who'd done so well to keep a lid on things.

Possibly.

A scientist on 5live said in the last hour that at least 6 other countries have had the new variant for some time.

73558985-E82F-42D6-AEEF-A558EB193D19.png

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Numbers increasing along the south cost spread from the East.

Brighton and Hove doubled 3 weeks in a row. Now over 200/100K for first time.

All going to shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here