Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pm's briefing - 5pm

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"We’re expecting Prime Minister Boris Johnson to lead a UK government briefing at around 17:00 GMT.

He will be joined by Transport Secretary Grant Shapps and the UK's chief scientific adviser, Sir Patrick Vallance."

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Following on from this:

"Another Nervtag member, Prof Neil Ferguson, from Imperial College London, told the briefing there was strong evidence the new variant is 50% more transmissible than the previous virus.

He also said there was a "hint" the new variant infects children more.

"There are other epidemiologically interesting trends with the virus, there is a hint that it has a higher propensity to infect children... but we haven't established any sort of causality on that, but we can see that in the data," he said. "

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If it's been announced for 5pm then I'll tune in at half 5 to see if he's bothered showing up yet.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
"We’re expecting Prime Minister Boris Johnson to lead a UK government briefing at around 17:00 GMT.

He will be joined by Transport Secretary Grant Shapps and the UK's chief scientific adviser, Sir Patrick Vallance."

Is that what Grant Shapps is ?

I was always under the impression he was Boris Johnson's Echo

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
40 countries now banning flights/travel from the UK. It’s like we are the only country with Covid

It’s a conspiracy I tell you

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Boris will own up about being told of the Variants massive impact on infection rates by SAGE 6 ! days before he gave the all clear for a 5 day Christmas .

Like hell he will , the utter incompetence of this government knows no bounds and we'll probably hear some gobbledegook blaming planetary alignments.

Percy Tau has been blockaded at the French ports

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
9FB2D89C-A4F2-44C0-B370-D851CB31254A.jpeg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
To me it's inconceivable we're the only country that has the 'new strain'. Just seen a fairly convincing scientist interviewed who suggested that we're the among world leaders (only Denmark ahead) in identifying genomes so it's quite likely we've simply identified it earlier..................would potentially explain the increases already seen in other countries perhaps (large no of European countries still have higher - much higher in some cases - rates of infection than us).

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Covid-19 case rates are now above 1,000 cases per 100,000 people in eight local areas of the UK, PA reports.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here