Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zeqiri

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
On the few minutes I saw and in true NSC style, I am going for “not even a footballer” :lolol:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
He looked like he'd won a competition to play with a football team for the day on that admittedly very small sample size.

Expect a loan out in Jan. Too much to expect him to go from banging goals in a Swiss pub league to premer league overnight.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Very young, must be difficult having played limited ‘match’ football since his move, not forgetting the massive step up in standard.

Looked direct and willing, got crosses in with pace which is promising, but difficult to say any more.

Would prefer him in a two with Welbeck.

Good luck to him....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You’ll get loads of sarcastic answers but he didn’t do any worse than Maupay or Connolly :shrug: At least he tried to inject a bit of tempo by running at them and committing players, things didn’t come off sometimes but I thought generally speaking he did pretty well, got in some good positions and I was surprised to see his turn of pace.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I thought he looked alright. At least he had a hunger that the others seem to be lacking.
Hard to tell with only seeing him for a few minutes, hopefully he'll get some more play time, can't do any worse than what we've been doing.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I think that sticking him out on the left touchline was crazy, when March was doing Ok on the wing and Connolly was being turd up front.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
You can see why he hasn’t played. Too lightweight at this stage.

Not a surprise - huge step up from the Swiss 2nd decision.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Not sure why the team had to be juggled around so he could play left wing.

Isn't he supposed to be a striker?

SoggyCabbages

Mar 29, 2019
From what I saw he looked okay, certainly not any worse than what we had on the pitch.

Was it him who picked up the ball and put it on the line for Mr Time-Waster Ramsdale too? I did laugh at that moment.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
As everybody is saying not seen too much of him on videos but surely he is a striker so why stick him out on the wing. Our current strikers are not even good enough to score inside the six yard box, so give him a chance. The number of times we had the chance to work their keeper from the edge of the box but chose to play the ball wide was frustrating. Maupay and Connelly are not good enough but Trossard looks as if he is a substitute material at best. He looks a shadow of the player we signed. It is about time we started using that state of the art training ground for shooting practice. The problem seems to be that we are playing defence against attack in training and both are as bad as each other. We have no intensity in our play and are pedestrian to other teams. Potter makes strange decisions that cost us. The biggest being dropping Sanchez after the Spurs game. On the last two games showing we would have got more points just by Sanchez being in goal in all the game since. We would have lost both the last two games if Ryan had been in goal. Sanchez saves got us 2 points with the triple save and again from that free kick against Sheff Utd. Alzate again got dropped after doing little wrong and is certainly not any worse than others playing in that role. Not knowing his best team after 50 games is bad but dropping players to keep others happy is worse.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Considering he was fighting for space and opportunities on the pitch with Wellbeck, Connolly, Jahanbakash and Trossard he did OK. I wouldn't be against him getting some more game time

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
As everybody is saying not seen too much of him on videos but surely he is a striker so why stick him out on the wing. Our current strikers are not even good enough to score inside the six yard box, so give him a chance. The number of times we had the chance to work their keeper from the edge of the box but chose to play the ball wide was frustrating. Maupay and Connelly are not good enough but Trossard looks as if he is a substitute material at best. He looks a shadow of the player we signed. It is about time we started using that state of the art training ground for shooting practice. The problem seems to be that we are playing defence against attack in training and both are as bad as each other. We have no intensity in our play and are pedestrian to other teams. Potter makes strange decisions that cost us. The biggest being dropping Sanchez after the Spurs game. On the last two games showing we would have got more points just by Sanchez being in goal in all the game since. We would have lost both the last two games if Ryan had been in goal. Sanchez saves got us 2 points with the triple save and again from that free kick against Sheff Utd. Alzate again got dropped after doing little wrong and is certainly not any worse than others playing in that role. Not knowing his best team after 50 games is bad but dropping players to keep others happy is worse.

I'd have been more inclined to read that with a little whitespace in there :)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Zeqiri should have been put up top with Wellbeck to compete for headers.

Solly wide left and Ali wide right.

I'm happy to predict here and now that Zeqiri isn't going to carve out a top level career as a winger

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here