Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The bottom of the official BHAFC website...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The links at the bottom of websites are usually quite dull and predictable. Policy stuff, contact us, jobs... bla bla. Kudos though to the BHAFC webmaster who added a little bit of spice to it.

modernslavery.jpg

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
More attention seeking from the Caribou clown. What’s the matter - not started a new thread for 5mins?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What's your problem? Why does the fact that the club has made a policy opposed to modern slavery bother you? Or is it the Equality and Diversity that troubles you?

Nope, just very unusual and looks pretty funny (according to my dry humour) when paired with the usual stuff.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Tbf to him it did make me chuckle also.

Appears due to recent ish changes in UK Law: "The inclusion of modern slavery in the Care Act 2014 as a form of abuse means that the subject of modern slavery is now included in the remit of adult safeguarding in England".

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Think every EPL club signed up to anti slavery practices and have a link to their statement on their web landing page......so not very unusual

If 'slavery' at the club is having to play vague football for a pyschological social worker and get paid £20k+ a week, I'm in!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
5,500 ish posts in a year and a half... all of such quality...

Never have I seen so many words wasted so badly.

Now, now. You boys may not get on, but Swanny's mistake is understandable for someone who's never set foot on our septic isle.

Besides, even I laughed when I saw it - until Mrs T pointed out that all UK companies have to touch base with this now, and rightly so (as, I now recall, the frightened faces operating our local car wash would attest).

D

Deleted member 2719

I mean if he'd just clicked the link he'd have seen the following statement:

Well worth starting a thread for... clown.

Ashleys, Sports direct, has not made it very obvious if this is the case.

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2020-12-21-10-47-44.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2020-12-21-10-47-44.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 56

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
The links at the bottom of websites are usually quite dull and predictable. Policy stuff, contact us, jobs... bla bla. Kudos though to the BHAFC webmaster who added a little bit of spice to it.

View attachment 131617

To be fair, I found that quite funny as well. I don't look at the website very often so I hadn't seen it, and didn't know it was mandated in any way. It does look out of place and quite amusing in amongst the other topics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here