Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glass 1/2 Full - Albion 5 pts better off

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
If you take the 14 games played so far and compare all results vs. the last time we played these fixtures we are 5 points better off. So, if we continue that trend, I think we'll be fine. Not great, not a lot to cheer but it's something positive.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Lose the next three and we are level, pointless looking back can only look at where we are now,

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Last season we took 7 points off the bottom three at home.

This season we’ve already played the current bottom three at home and failed to beat any of them.

I can see what the OP means, however because teams inevitably change following post-seasons, this perspective is sadly a more helpful indicator to see where we are in comparison this season.

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
I can see what the OP means, however because teams inevitably change following post-seasons, this perspective is sadly a more helpful indicator to see where we are in comparison this season.

Other than Burnley we all change :)

In the previous 14 games we scored 7 and conceded 18
In the last 14 games we've scored 17 and conceded 23

So GD better as well. After 14 games last season we had 15 points. We were 3 points above Relegation. Not much has changed despite the bedwetters posting the usual S###.

I think we'd all like to see progress. I think we've been unlucky with some painful and marginal decisions - penalties awarded and penalty missed.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Other than Burnley we all change :)

In the previous 14 games we scored 7 and conceded 18
In the last 14 games we've scored 17 and conceded 23

So GD better as well. After 14 games last season we had 15 points. We were 3 points above Relegation. Not much has changed despite the bedwetters posting the usual S###.

I think we'd all like to see progress. I think we've been unlucky with some painful and marginal decisions - penalties awarded and penalty missed.

Utter shite!
We have won 1 league game at home in 2020!
We play turgid, boring possession football.
Once very decent defenders are now bang average
The manager has no clue as to how to win football matches

You stick to some delusional rubbish but I use my eyes and can see that we are going backwards with this fool in charge

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If you take the 14 games played so far and compare all results vs. the last time we played these fixtures we are 5 points better off. So, if we continue that trend, I think we'll be fine. Not great, not a lot to cheer but it's something positive.

Interesting stat. Just another way of illustrating that things are not as bad as they seem.

We haven’t lost to any team outside the top 8 FFS. If we maintain that record for the rest of the season it will be remarkably GOOD...!!!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This thread epitomises a sizeable chunk of our fan base seemingly. Fans who must seek a positive at all cost when really there are none. Move on by all means, tomorrow’s another day and all that. But it was just shite. Call it as it is and stop with this modern affliction that is “toxic positivity”. It’s like some sort of cult brain washing trying to tell you something that wasn’t all the bleedin time!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

All true.

But here’s where that falls down. Other sides are getting better. We are getting worse.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Utter shite!
We have won 1 league game at home in 2020!
We play turgid, boring possession football.
Once very decent defenders are now bang average
The manager has no clue as to how to win football matches

You stick to some delusional rubbish but I use my eyes and can see that we are going backwards with this fool in charge

Personally I'm not quite ready to blame Potter for absolutely everything, even though I can respect all of your points (except that we are not turgid at all). I feel he's been badly let down by a couple of senior players who have got away lightly on here. Those once decent defenders are critically talked about here because they have credit in the bank, but the fact is that their sudden inability to defend set pieces have put Potter under enormous pressure. Maupay and Ryan have also both underperformed massively this season. Players who have come into the side haven't been good enough.

Potter is to blame for some of it (his team selection at Leicester springs to mind, as does his insane decision to put Ben White in midfield), but I want to see where we are at the end of January. If we are not pulling away from the bottom 3, I'll come round to your way of thinking.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
What horrifies me is how many people would seemingly prefer a Pulis style back to basics 4-4-2 with 2 massive CB's that "just get rid of it" and players who will "throw their body on the line" showing their passion by running for a full 90 minutes. Statistically all clubs that cling to that approach eventually get relegated.

What we are building is for the long term future of the club, we will see less transfers being made and more opportunities for players to develop and gain experience in the first team. Inevitably we will sell some of those players on to big clubs along the way for massive sums but a ready made replacement will seemlessly slot into place

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
This thread epitomises a sizeable chunk of our fan base seemingly. Fans who must seek a positive at all cost when really there are none. Move on by all means, tomorrow’s another day and all that. But it was just shite. Call it as it is and stop with this modern affliction that is “toxic positivity”. It’s like some sort of cult brain washing trying to tell you something that wasn’t all the bleedin time!

Toxic Positivity?

That's a new term to me. Thanks for the enlightenment.

For once though, I agree with you.
No point dressing up the last performance as anything other than the abject failure it was.
No point dwelling on it either.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here