Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who would you start upfront with Welbeck?

Who would you partner Welbeck up front?

• Connolly

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Maupay

Votes: 84 44.9%
  • Swiss Andy

Votes: 54 28.9%
  • A.Nother

Votes: 40 21.4%

• Total voters

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Connolly?
Maupay?
Swiss Andy?
A. Nother?

For me its Welbeck & Maupay not Connolly as Potter played today.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ali J and Maupay

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
Maupays first touch today was rubbish nowhere near what he was last season. Connolly needs more game time in the championship to raise his confidence. Need to start with Welbz and Swiss Andy for a few matches to see if they can strike up a kind of understanding. May work, may not but better option than Maupay and Connelly.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Welbeck and Connolly hasn't been tried yet. Might as well go for it as he has looked at all sort of formations and personal without too much success.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Dia or Edouard for the Wolves game.

We might need to sell White, Lamptey or Bissouma to fund this but we are going down unless we play an in-form Striker.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Welbeck and Connolly hasn't been tried yet. Might as well go for it as he has looked at all sort of formations and personal without too much success.

This, Connolly finishing has been pretty poor of late but no worse than Maupay who muffs/shanks everything these days. At least Connolly has genuine pace, presses well, and may get a penalty!

Maupay at the minute is like playing with 10 men.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Dia or Edouard for the Wolves game.

We might need to sell White, Lamptey or Bissouma to fund this but we are going down unless we play an in-form Striker.

You could argue that is we got £80 million for Biss and White, and bought in one of the above, we'd be better off overall. (Biss would be a HUGE loss but Moder is coming in and i'm convinced Molumby can contribute given games. And Davy won't let us down).

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Zeqiri.

The other two seem out of form and confidence. He could be alright or not, but if you don’t play him we’ll never know.

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
A combination of Maupay and Zequiri (if he turns out to be OK) or all three if the circumstances are right. Maupay is still a good PL striker. One goal will bring his confidence back.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Zeqiri looked alright when he came on, just a shame it looked like potter put him on as a winger.
Connolly is not good enough for premier League, Maupay is so inconsistent that I don't trust him to score in front of an open goal from 6yds.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Anyone who will put their laces through it and not tap it. Shoot on sight

D

Deleted member 2719

Not convinced we still have the right personnel, but I would put have Welbeck up top with help from an attacking midfielder, I would love to see Bissouma drive forward and cause mayhem in the opposition's box.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here