Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Erratic

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I used to like some of Potter's unconventionality and the fact we didn't quite know who'd be not he team sheet was a pleasant breath of fresh air after CH's tenure (and I loved Chris).

However, this season we go from some games finishing with 5 (yes FIVE) natural CBs on the pitch at once (Dunk, Webster, White, Veltman and Burn), to a game like today when we finished with two natural defenders on the pitch of ANY description (Dunk and Webster, the other 8 outfield players were either strikers or midfielders). I understand different games call for different solutions, but GP's taking unconventionality a bit too far!

Maybe we could stop trying to reinvent the wheel and stick with a good old fashioned formation for 90 minutes? :mad:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I think the tinkering of starting eleven in over exaggerated. If everyone is fit and available we know he will start with:

Dunk, Webster, White, March, Lamptey, Bissouma and Lallana. The goalkeeper change has been recent and seems Sanchez is the new number one so that’s 8 of the starting 11 nailed down every week and I suspect you can add Welbeck to that list too.

Yes he changed it today but we were chasing a game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's an awful lot of 'cake and eat it' swirling around at the moment.
I guess that stems from the pure undiluted frustration surrounding the team

The entire season can be defined by the posts, crossbar and worldies - all going against the squad.

It's hard to imagine an entire season of 'bad luck', but I wouldn't put it past them.

Maybe they need the kind of system reboot palace got yesterday and Southampton last season.
All this fannying around and being 'so close' doesn't seem to be doing anyone any favours.

scooter1

How soon is now?
We didn’t need to finish today with a full quota of defenders, as long as we had enough on the pitch to stop the counterattacks(and we only just managed that after the goal). The problems today were being shot shy(nothing too new there), and to some extent, players getting in each other’s way in the final third. We have 3 or 4 offensive players who thrive on confidence, but are currently bereft of it. We’ve become predictable to defend against, and that is where GP now needs to have a re-think

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
We didn’t need to finish today with a full quota of defenders, as long as we had enough on the pitch to stop the counterattacks(and we only just managed that after the goal). The problems today were being shot shy(nothing too new there), and to some extent, players getting in each other’s way in the final third. We have 3 or 4 offensive players who thrive on confidence, but are currently bereft of it. We’ve become predictable to defend against, and that is where GP now needs to have a re-think

100% agree. Potter needs to reboot their confidence - tell them to @#$%ing shoot would be a start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here