Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Today's buffoon in the middle

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Didn't cost us the game and separate to our own failings BUT bearing in mind this idiot gave the penalty to Saints when it was clearly outside the box I thought he had an awful game. Firstly, he should have given a very obvious foul on March just before the sending off, that would have saved him from being made to look like a piece of cheese and giving just a yellow when it was a very clear red and then allowing Ramsdale to continually waste time (only booking him in the 89th minute once the damage had been done) and then somehow adding only 4 mins injury time. A terrible performance to match our own. And I thought their goal was offside in the build up but that's not down to him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I thought he was OK, no complaints from me.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Didn't cost us the game and separate to our own failings BUT bearing in mind this idiot gave the penalty to Saints when it was clearly outside the box I thought he had an awful game. Firstly, he should have given a very obvious foul on March just before the sending off, that would have saved him from being made to look like a piece of cheese and giving just a yellow when it was a very clear red and then allowing Ramsdale to continually waste time (only booking him in the 89th minute once the damage had been done) and then somehow adding only 4 mins injury time. A terrible performance to match our own. And I thought their goal was offside in the build up but that's not down to him.

They clearly showed that March played them onside twice in the buildup to the goal. He then left Bogle go when he ran out of his zone meaning that he had an acre of space to turn and shoot.

Not blaming March, blaming the coaching.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why do ALL referees wait so long to finally act on timewasting.

I'm all for a good time waste, I don't see how you can be pro it when in your favour but against it when not.

But if you know you're going to book the keeper why is he first allowed 10 infractions before his injury time bookings.
When a ref loves nothing more than pointing to 2 other random places on the pitch before handing out a yellow, to an outfield player.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Seemed decent enough. He missed at least 3 foul throws from us so I suppose you could criticise him for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
What is the point in booking a keeper for time wasting? Has a keeper ever been booked again for continuing to do it?

Last edited:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
It was offside in the build up. Looked it in real time on TV and was shown to be a few minutes later. However, because it was 2 or 3 passes before the shot VAR, obviously, didnt bother to check it.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What is the post in booking a keeper for time wasting? Has a keeper ever been booked again for continuing to do it?

No but it tends to stop them continuing to do it.........? Didn't think the ref was too bad, other than Ramsdale should have been booked much earlier. 4 mins AT was a bit of a joke too but that's not down to the on-field ref.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I counted three elbows used against Albion players in tackles and no bookings for any of them, other than that he wasn’t that bad

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought the ref was ok. Two good ones in a row, a very rare occurrence.

Don’t worry though we have Hoops at West Ham......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why do ALL referees wait so long to finally act on timewasting.

I'm all for a good time waste, I don't see how you can be pro it when in your favour but against it when not.

But if you know you're going to book the keeper why is he first allowed 10 infractions before his injury time bookings.
When a ref loves nothing more than pointing to 2 other random places on the pitch before handing out a yellow, to an outfield player.

They book them right at the end, because they know that if they do it on 70 minutes, the keeper will do it 8 more times and they’ll look a prick for not having the bottle to show a second.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No but it tends to stop them continuing to do it.........? Didn't think the ref was too bad, other than Ramsdale should have been booked much earlier. 4 mins AT was a bit of a joke too but that's not down to the on-field ref.

Said to the guy behind me he’ll wait until 85 mins before he’s carded...was a few mins out....by which time the goalies achieved what he set out to.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I thought he looked utterly bewildered when he had to make the big call on the Sheffield United red card - seemed reluctant to make his initial decision, waiting for Michael Oliver to bail him out. To be fair, it can't be easy having a ref in your ear who's miles ahead of you in experience and reputation - one of the many issues with VAR.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here