Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What exactly would the next manager do that would make everything good?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not going to discuss whether its his fault or not. I've followed football for a long time and its always the managers fault in every football team ever and I see no reason why Potter would be the exception.

What I'm wondering is what the next manager (until it becomes his fault as well) is going to do that will make everything great finally establishing the club in its well-deserved, quality wise obvious position somewhere around the Champions League positions?

Lets have a thread without the blame game - just some basic constructive debate. The Magic Mr X surely got the magic solution - but what does it look like?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Not going to discuss whether its his fault or not. I've followed football for a long time and its always the managers fault in every football team ever and I see no reason why Potter would be the exception.

What I'm wondering is what the next manager (until it becomes his fault as well) is going to do that will make everything great finally establishing the club in its well-deserved, quality wise obvious position somewhere around the Champions League positions?

Lets have a thread without the blame game - just some basic constructive debate. The Magic Mr X surely got the magic solution - but what does it look like?

Maybe Tony will ask Barber and Ashworth to bring him a lucky general.

The new manager probably wouldn't do anything different with these players, sometimes the change is enough to make a difference.

More likely, we'll stick with what we have.

Potter needs to be acting like an arse now and publicly demanding his chairman back him with funds for some more firepower

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He might at least get the players looking like they give a shit.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
Go back to basics, hit on the counter using page.

We are overplaying into the final third and this as per instruction from the manager.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
You know full well that you won't be getting this debate from the fans who want to be vocal today.

Those fans all believe that Eddie Howe would turn Maupay and Connoly into 20 goals a season forwards.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He might at least get the players looking like they give a shit.

I would actually rather the players looked less like they gave a shit.
Too many anxious faces, not enough belief at the moment.
Understandable, but I would like to see Potter making more progress on the player's confidence

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
You know full well that you won't be getting this debate from the fans who want to be vocal today.

Those fans all believe that Eddie Howe would turn Maupay and Connoly into 20 goals a season forwards.

Ah yes.

A new striker would be able to walk into a box, shoot and score every single time.

The problem is our approach in the final third. We overplay.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

We're too far away from Champions League to respond to that point. But...
- better coaching for corners at both ends (maybe better coaches)
- player motivation
- cultivate better leadership on the pitch
- more shooting practice
- keep a more stable team
- be less humble
Just some ideas, there will be others.
By the way, Seagullsman, I think Potter should stay and get on with these things. Bloom and Potter should live through their signing of the contract extension.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I would actually rather the players looked less like they gave a shit.
Too many anxious faces, not enough belief at the moment.
Understandable, but I would like to see Potter making more progress on the player's confidence

I see where you're coming from, but to me today we lacked any sort of desire or fight. Sheffield United clearly wanted it so much more than we did.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Some things a new manager might do:

Restore confidence in players.
Change tactics on set pieces.
Play players in their best postions.
Give the likes of Macallister, Alzate and Molumby a decent chance.
Make changes sooner in games, both in terms of players and tactics.
Play more direct.
Encourage players to shoot.
Some for you.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
After lockdown we had minority possession for the majority of games, we also picked up our best results of the second half of that season.

A new manager might build on that instead of reverting to a game plan that had us in a relegation battle.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Get the team at a much fitter level. Bielsa realises to compete with a weak squad you have to have them super fit to lessen the gap.

Get the players to play with a much higher level of commitment which then raises the tempo. We are scarily lacking in this department, with or without the ball.

Stevens could have scored before their goal. He ran half the length of the pitch and no Brighton player went with him. Why FFS?

More importantly identify who did it and drop them until they're prepared to run for the team.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Fair question for Potter out types to reply. I would be interested in what you think Potter should do given he is very unlikely to be shipped on? Its his team, his style, his results.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Quite. It's another hopeful myth anyway. A striker that will score 15+ is a rarity for teams outside the top six anyway. It's just folk desperate to confirm to themselves that there is an immediate solution. There isn't one.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Fair question. Would be interested in what you think Potter should do given he is very unlikely to be shipped on? Its his team, his style.

Or even, do you truly believe Potter is doing everything you (or AN Other) could to get the best out of this set of players?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

You start a decent post and then ruin it with a snide dig.

No-one expects Champions Leagues positions but they do expect a certain level o football which we are very far from at the moment.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here