Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we need a Manager or Head Coach?

Do we need a manager or head coach?

• Head Coach - no recruitment

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Manager - full control

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • Manager - player veto

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Do we need a Manager with sole responsibility for picking the side AND getting in his own players, a Head Coach under Ashworth or a Manager but who works with Recruitment, vetoing.

Recent Head Coaches - Hyypia, Garcia, Potter
Recent Managers - Hughton.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Recent Head Coaches - Hyypia, Garcia, Potter
Recent Managers - Hughton.

Well I think therein you've answered your own question, I know which of those four has been by far the most successful.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
If Potter truly is a head coach and not a manager he is really struggling on the coaching part.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Certainly i wouldn't have taken any of my leadership roles without the right to hire and fire, within the law. Cant be fairly held accountable otherwise

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We need a striker who knows where the goal is. This is all.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
We had a great manager in Houghton and I'm certain he would have built on his success here but the club does not want a manager it has an ashworth/head coach arrangement now and i think that will be the way the club operates for many years.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
The club need to control the philosophy going forward as managers come and go. The club decide the style of play and players needed for that. The head coach has input and will probably make final decisions on the players offered up that fit the style. This is how it works at the Albion so its a head coach not a manager

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think the present structure is fine, as long as the incumbents agree and get on with each other.

What didn't work for Poyet and Burke won't necessarily fail with Potter and Ashworth. They are both sensible people.

It wold be a big ask for Potter to be doing Ashworths job as well

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
we need someone who can get a bunch of over paid millionaires to win a game of football. and ten a season. Not one a year.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yes it's working really well isn't it?

:ffsparr:

Yes it is actually.

Playing good attractive football and creating lots of chances, achieved our highest Premier League points total yet and we're bringing through some really exciting young players including three of the most sought after in the country in White, Lamptey and Bissouma.

We're a bit of luck and a good striker away from challenging the top half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here