Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What is more expensive?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Going down, or paying off GP?

No poll, just opinions, like when we all used to go to the pub years ago.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I dont think the team will go down, but the idea that Maupay, Connolly and Welbeck suddenly would rip the Premier League apart and reach a safe, easy top 10 position seems to be firmly attached in here.

He may or may not go, if the first of those things happen you're going to find yourselves surprised that it wasnt the magic solution.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I dont think the team will go down, but the idea that Maupay, Connolly and Welbeck suddenly would rip the Premier League apart and reach a safe, easy top 10 position seems to be firmly attached in here.

He may or may not go, if the first of those things happen you're going to find yourselves surprised that it wasnt the magic solution.
This

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Not often I get this rude, just XXXX OFF you sad stalker.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Amazes me there are STILL fans who think we aren't going down when the teams around us are starting to pick up points and we're looking worse with each passing game.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Say Potters on £40k a week ??

5 yrs x 52 x 40 = £10.4m. WOW!!

But annual Premier League TV revenue is around £110m

So we could sack and restate Potter 11 times in January and be no worse off

As long as the the last one was to sack him finally for good

Simples

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Say Potters on £40k a week ??

5 yrs x 52 x 40 = £10.4m. WOW!!

But annual Premier League TV revenue is around £110m

So we could sack and restate Potter 11 times in January and be no worse off

As long as the the last one was to sack him finally for good

Simples

Managers never get their contracts fully paid up. Usually have a fixed compensation amount in there

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Going down, or paying off GP?

No poll, just opinions, like when we all used to go to the pub years ago.

Going down would certainly be more expensive than sacking Potter. But sacking Potter AND going down would be the most expensive outcome of all. :shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Jul 7, 2003
Won’t go on a 6yr mega contract

As stated on another thread, the 6 year contract will have break clauses, performance clause, etc included so no way he will get anywhere near another five years of money when he goes.

TB has too much invested in the club to want to risk relegation and is savvy enough to admit when things are not going to plan (and the current run of form is definitely not in the plan).

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
But we could pay off Potter and also get relegated. It's Tony Bloom who owns the club, it's his money, it's down to him. Whatever decision he makes will be in what he believes to be in the best interest of the club and I will go along with that. If it was down to me I would keep Potter, even if we are relegated.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
His post is not reasonable, he is a Potter fan, not a Brighton fan. Seems to think GP is bigger than the club.

95% of my posts are reasonable, the other 5% are batshit crazy. This one is in the first category.

Believing that a team is guaranteed to stay up just because they sack the manager is deluded however. CH barely kept the team up, GP barely kept the team up, Mr Magic would most likely be spending a lot of time in the bottom six. The harsh reality is that Brighton is a bottom six team in terms of quality and that no one, including my dog Potter, would be able to guarantee staying up.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Printer ink is more expensive.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
His post was reasonable. Why so rude and angry to [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]?

Intrigued, I started from the top and found that someone I have on ignore has started a whole thread using a question I asked another poster on another thread earlier today.

Imitation is, of course, the sincerest form of flattery.

Swanny has plenty of cordial correspondents on here, so he'll live.

But.....you certainly have a point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here