Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is it the manager, or is it recruitment?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Let’s cut to the chase.

Potter is going to be slaughtered here tonight. No question, and results wise, today it’s hard to argue.

But is Connolly really good enough?
Maupay? AJ (love him, but)..

Zequiri? Is he the answer.

Our problem is unquestionably taking our chances. We watch all the games. We all know this. The question is, is that the fault of recruitment or Potter?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Whoever's telling our players not to shoot, that's who should go.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's the fault of everyone, however the manager is nominally in charge and leadership means carrying the can. I expect a new manager to kick certain players very hard and very firmly up their jacksie and I expect our recruitment team to sort it out in January.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It’s the players, they’re not good enough to put the managers ideas into practice.
If Potter is intelligent, then he will have to adapt his ideas to match the ability of his squad

i honestly think the players think they are better than they are .......bunch of posers mate , will always get found out by a team of workers , i'm gutted after watching that ....:down:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Whoever is instructing the players to get into the final third and then turn 180 degrees and look for a pass back to Veltman or White is to blame. I don't think that's the recruitment guy.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
The style of football is the problem. Along with not having the correct players with the skill set to play the system

That’s down to the Board but especially down to Dan Ashworth

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
i honestly think the players think they are better than they are .......bunch of posers mate , will always get found out by a team of workers , i'm gutted after watching that ....:down:

This is exactly what the likes of Wilder, Dyche and now Allardice will be saying to their players in team talks - rough them up and we'll get something from the game.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Mostly recruitment for me. Welbeck apart, we finished with a front line of Connolly, Ali J, Trossard, and Zeqiri. First two of those not nearly good enough for this level, Trossard is infuriating, and a Swiss second division striker. The only thing I blame Potter for is whatever is happening with Maupay. But essentially we don’t have the quality in attacking positions, and that’s about poor recruitment. We’ve spent big money on dross (Ali J, Locadia) and that’s killed us.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Both. But, when you look at the amount to chances we’ve ballsed up, you can’t really blame that on Potter. He needs the backing to get a goal scorer in January or it’s going to be difficult to see us surviving the drop this year :(

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I get frustrated by our willingness go go backwards.

But surely, the quality of the finishing, (and to a lesser extent the crossing) is the reason why we're not winning games like this comfortably.

Easily enough chances today

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Let’s cut to the chase.

Potter is going to be slaughtered here tonight. No question, and results wise, today it’s hard to argue.

But is Connolly really good enough?
Maupay? AJ (love him, but)..

Zequiri? Is he the answer.

Our problem is unquestionably taking our chances. We watch all the games. We all know this. The question is, is that the fault of recruitment or Potter?

Potter should walk mate, best he can do is two home wins all 2020 no manager would survive that, get a grip..

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Zeiqiri played on the wing so can't be judged.
Bissouma is supposedly being watched by Real. White by every major club. We have one of the best RWBs in the league. We have a young Argentinian international, a young Colombian international, a young Irish U21 captain. Lewis Dunk. Lallana. Wellbeck. Etc etc.
This team isn't as bad as it's being made to look.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here