Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hopefully the end of Connolly

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
He really is absolute pony. How many goals has he scored now? 3? He's leauge 1 level. Can't think of anyone more shit than him since Leon Best.

He's 2 foot from goal and the ball is on a plate for Welbeck and he blunders his way in and manages to backwards header it in the opposite direction to goal.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I hate to agree but I do. He simply isn't up to the required standard. Whether he needs a loan or something, I don't know. But him taking up a squad place is a total wast at the moment, unfortunately.Same for Ali.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
He really is absolute pony. How many goals has he scored now? 3? He's leauge 1 level. Can't think of anyone more shit than him since Leon Best.

He's 2 foot from goal and the ball is on a plate for Welbeck and he blunders his way in and manages to backwards header it in the opposite direction to goal.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry at that miss. I was almost crying at the time and now pitifully laughing now. Really does sum us up at the moment doesn't it?:lolol: :nono:

Blackbushe Pilot

Mar 28, 2004
Egham Surrey
He is nicknamed “Kidderminster Connolly” in our house.

I thought I was the only one to think he is beyond shxx - so glad to see this thread!

If he is a lucky boy he will still be playing football at Kidderminster level in a few years, rather than non league.

He is a sprinter masquerading as a football player, and will NEVER be good enough to play at this level - even with 20 loan spells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He's clearly got some talent, he's just not ready yet. Needs to spend another 18 months on loan somewhere.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Take the Spurs game out of it and he has 2 league goals in 19 starts + 14 appearances as a sub.

or, take out the Spurs game and he's got 2 in 40 games in all competitions.

...and we took the piss out of Benteke

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'm not getting on his back or calling for him to be loaned out.

But that was a horrible, horrible miss in the second half

Him and the other who missed sitters take the blame for the loss of points

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
He reminds me of Joe Gatting.

Come through the youth team so cut a bit more slack than others would have, bluffs it for a couple of season with the odd goal....then just slides into oblivion once the honeymoon is over (which incidentally i think will be today).

£50 TO REMF says that in 4 seasons time he'll be playing in League 1.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
No point getting down on him, his game isn't about finishing headers, he's only 5ft tall! He's proven his goalscoring credentials in the lower leagues but he's never going to be one for finishing off crosses.

No player can be properly judged until a new manager shows what he can do with them. Potter has drained the confidence of most of the squad

Dunk&Disorderly

Mar 29, 2019
Brighton
If we'd signed that striker in summer, he'd have gone out on loan in the Championship, where he could've improved. I can't see him improving here right now, just losing confidence instead.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Should’ve gone out on loan last year and stayed out on loan till someone snapped him up

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
He is not good enough and has not been for a long time but because we have a few fragile snowflakes on this board are we not allowed to have our own opinion

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

Come through the youth team so cut a bit more slack than others would have, bluffs it for a couple of season with the odd goal....then just slides into oblivion once the honeymoon is over (which incidentally i think will be today).

With us under Potter?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

He’s better than Joe Gatting but that’s not saying a lot is it ?
I wouldn’t get on his back though too much as at least he hasn’t cost 20 mill plus. No names mentioned.....ok Maupay then... he was shite today again.

But yes League one if he improves

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here