Veltman 6 looked OK until murdered on the pitch
Dunk 5
Webster 5 good finish
White 6 even when poor he is out best defender
March 6 worked hard
Bissouma 4 went missing
Lallana 3 slow.. Would have loved to have seen Macallister start instead
Trossard 3 looks very very frustrated
Maupay 3 where has he gone? Life suckled out of him by Potter?
Connelly 2 I don't know what to say other than playing in a league far far away to the limit of his ability

Welbeck 6 came on, fought and showed class
AJ 5 done ok
Zeqiri 5 need to see more of this guy

I don't blame out strikers atm, I do blame Potter 100%... He is draining the team, we used to show fight, courage and determination... Now nothing...

I know Ryan is now dropped, but he used to sprint the length of the pitch in a show of togetherness... Right now, we couldn't look further apart... We are in big big trouble

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Potter - 0

there is clearly something wrong with our players .....shot shy , goal shy , clueless in from of goal ......im not sure thats potters fault to be fair ....they are all still on full wages ....30- 40 k a week , they should know where the goal is and know that the one who scores the most goals is the winner .....that was a pathetic performance but i don't think Potter is to blame ....our players have the collective IQ of a fishtank. pathetic bunch of posers bar 3 or 4 lads who can take any credit from this game .......posers ...!!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Sanchez - 8. Comfortably our best player today. One excellent save, passing and distribution superb. Commanding on crosses.

Veltman - 4. Had a poor game. Lots of underhit crosses/miscommunication with White. Looked out of position.

Dunk - 5. Tried his best towards the end to drive us forward, but exposed by Burke for pace repeatedly. When he gets in these attacking positions too, he has nothing but a sideways pass anyway, making his forward moves largely pointless.

White - 5. Struggled also against Burke, stodgy teamwork with Veltman

Webster - 5.5. Our left coped considerably better than our right, thanks in part to Webster. Still, for a 'ball playing centre back' he does have a habit to panic and belt the ball forward when up against opposition press. Doesn't always inspire with me confidence when being run at, either.

March - 6. Our joint best outfield player today, although that isn't saying a lot. Worked really hard up and down the pitch, put in a couple of excellent crosses (which naturally came to nothing), and had Baldock on toast. That said, same old problems with Solly. All one foot, nothing to cross towards.

Lallana - 5. Decent first half, anonymous second half. Looked knackered after an hour.

Bissouma - 6. Along with March, our best outfield player. Just did his usual thing.

Trossard - 5.5. Flattered to deceive. At least he tried things, a few shots, some nice attacking runs. Lacking in quality at the end.

Connolly - 3. Absolute train wreck of a performance in the second half. First half I thought he did okay running the right channel, although never looking like even shooting let alone scoring. Reminded me of Johnny Dixon today. Or Chris Holroyd.

Maupay - 2. Shocking performance, our worst player. Gave the ball up on first touch five times in the first 35 minutes alone. Three of these led to Sheffield United having the ball going forwards in our half. Completely lacking in confidence and getting worse each game.

Subs:

Jahanbakhsh - 5.5. Thought he tried hard. Missed header open goal. But as a positive got in down their left and tried some crosses. Clearly not good enough for this level.
Welbeck - 6. Scored. Don't remember anything else except conceding a soft free-kick at the end.
Zeqiri - 5.5. Well we know what he does now. Appears to be all left foot - good cross on him though. Looks like he needs a bit of toughening up so I can see why he hasn't played before today.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Sanchez - 7 - Brilliant save, claimed a couple of decent crosses

Veltman - 6 - OK, but didn't play well enough that we didn't miss Lamptey. Joel is more of a central defender than a RWB
White - 6 - Passing a bit off today
Dunk - 5 - Defending OK, but missed (possibly) his 20th presentable chance of the season. He needs to contribute from corners
Webster - 5 - Defending OK, but missed (possibly) his 20th presentable chance of the season. He needs to contribute from corners
March - 5 - Some good footwork, but a succession of aimless floaty crosses. We need incision

Bissouma - 5 - Thought it was his worst game for a bit.
Lallana - 4 - Decent in control of the ball, but passing poor. Can't get up and down the pitch

Trossard - 3 - Poor when helping out in defence. Shooting woeful again
Connolly - 2 - Shelled one decent chance and one total sitter. Surely will be dropped. Huge questions over his future
Maupay - 3 - Struggled to find space. Weak finish in the first half.

Jahanbaksh - 2 - Too weak. His abysmal attempt at the end of the game may be his last action for the club.
Zeqiri - 3- Alarmingly one footed. I had no idea he was a LWB, maybe neither did he
Wellbeck - 5 - His chance was unmissable, but then he (and plenty of others) have been missing easier. He did his job

Wholesale alteration to our forward options required

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
there is clearly something wrong with our players .....shot shy , goal shy , clueless in from of goal ......im not sure thats potters fault to be fair ....they are all still on full wages ....30- 40 k a week , they should know where the goal is and know that the one who scores the most goals is the winner .....that was a pathetic performance but i don't think Potter is to blame ....our players have the collective IQ of a fishtank. pathetic bunch of posers bar 3 or 4 lads who can take any credit from this game .......posers ...!!

You’re being kind to the gaffer .
Doesn’t all that come down to bad management ?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You’re being kind to the gaffer .
Doesn’t all that come down to bad management ?

well...most of them have probably been kicking a ball around since they were 8 0r 9 so no .......i don't blame him ....how can you blame him for aj missing the point blank header to get the 3 points ...?? posers mate , he needs to kick the fuk out of them , the nice nice approach isn't working.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Screenshot_20201220-144801.png

Screenshot_20201220-144819.png

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
well...most of them have probably been kicking a ball around since they were 8 0r 9 so no .......i don't blame him ....how can you blame him for aj missing the point blank header to get the 3 points ...?? posers mate , he needs to kick the fuk out of them , the nice nice approach isn't working.

I can see what you mean but any sacked manager could probably make a similar case .
I don’t believe he knows how to get the best out of the players . Eg We are crap at set pieces at both ends - this is a coaching issue.
I could go on. The only justification for keeping potter is that in the Distant long term it might come good. Maybe he’s more of a director of football type.
Whatever the case , he can’t set up a team to win football matches at this level .

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Sanchez - 8. Comfortably our best player today. One excellent save, passing and distribution superb. Commanding on crosses.

Veltman - 4. Had a poor game. Lots of underhit crosses/miscommunication with White. Looked out of position.

Dunk - 5. Tried his best towards the end to drive us forward, but exposed by Burke for pace repeatedly. When he gets in these attacking positions too, he has nothing but a sideways pass anyway, making his forward moves largely pointless.

White - 5. Struggled also against Burke, stodgy teamwork with Veltman

Webster - 5.5. Our left coped considerably better than our right, thanks in part to Webster. Still, for a 'ball playing centre back' he does have a habit to panic and belt the ball forward when up against opposition press. Doesn't always inspire with me confidence when being run at, either.

March - 6. Our joint best outfield player today, although that isn't saying a lot. Worked really hard up and down the pitch, put in a couple of excellent crosses (which naturally came to nothing), and had Baldock on toast. That said, same old problems with Solly. All one foot, nothing to cross towards.

Lallana - 5. Decent first half, anonymous second half. Looked knackered after an hour.

Bissouma - 6. Along with March, our best outfield player. Just did his usual thing.

Trossard - 5.5. Flattered to deceive. At least he tried things, a few shots, some nice attacking runs. Lacking in quality at the end.

Connolly - 3. Absolute train wreck of a performance in the second half. First half I thought he did okay running the right channel, although never looking like even shooting let alone scoring. Reminded me of Johnny Dixon today. Or Chris Holroyd.

Maupay - 2. Shocking performance, our worst player. Gave the ball up on first touch five times in the first 35 minutes alone. Three of these led to Sheffield United having the ball going forwards in our half. Completely lacking in confidence and getting worse each game.

Subs:

Jahanbakhsh - 5.5. Thought he tried hard. Missed header open goal. But as a positive got in down their left and tried some crosses. Clearly not good enough for this level.
Welbeck - 6. Scored. Don't remember anything else except conceding a soft free-kick at the end.
Zeqiri - 5.5. Well we know what he does now. Appears to be all left foot - good cross on him though. Looks like he needs a bit of toughening up so I can see why he hasn't played before today.

Some good comments here. Maybe Ali J's miss ought to be penalised with loss of a point or two?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
6 across the board, confidence level 3.5. Will just take that one thing to turn us to 8.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
6 across the board, confidence level 3.5. Will just take that one thing to turn us to 8.

And what...pray is that one thing?
Cos at the moment I don't see anything other than a slow slide to relegation. We have a manager who hasn't got a clue which is his best side. Who makes tactical mistakes regularly and makes team changes like autumn leaves falling off trees. Today he decided to start with two strikers. One completely out of form, one completely out of his depth. He relies on March and Trossard for set pieces ( both utterly hopeless ) and has one corner routine. No variety. Fourteen today and no variation. The game today was crying out for the front two to come off and change style but he delayed any change and even kept the painfully inept Connolly on, to ruin one of our best late chances to score. We have a whole collection of players who are wasteful finishers because they lack real class and it is costing us dear.
7...Sanchez....6....Dunk, Webster, White, Bissouma....5....Lallana, Trossard, March.....4...Veltman....3....Maupay, Connolly ( Generous )
Subs....7...Welbeck....5....Zeqiri.....4...Ali J..................Manager......4.......We all fell for it. The honeymoon is over. Welcome to the real world.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Sanchez -7- great save from the free kick, couldn’t do anything about the goal. Was a breath of fresh air with his quick distribution and can throw it to the half way line.
White -6- tried down the right but crossing was hit and miss
Dunk -5- not at his best
Webster-6- solid and a decent shot from outside the box
Veltman -6- did alright down the right
Solly -7- deliveries were decent and ended up playing right back. Was at the least trying.
Bissoumma -7- a few nice tricks but needs to up his game in the final 3rd
Lallana -6- actually made some space on the edge of their box with his turns
Trossard -4- couldn’t hit the target and tried a back heel in our own box!
Maupay -3- didn’t do much at all ! No movement at all to try and create something
Connolly-3- see Maupay plus missed a sitter. Drop deeper to pull the defenders out

AJ -5- direct running good, passing poor. His chance at the end wasn’t as easy as it looked.
Welbeck -7- got our goal and we looked more dangerous with him on the pitch
Zeqiri - 4- didn’t look strong enough

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here