Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay and Connolly

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The Swiss and Wellbeck look a better option. We can't keep with this small men tippy tappy shite. We're rubbish at it.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Connolly simply has to be shipped out on loan in January and replaced. God knows what to do with Maupay, his stock is so low we wouldn't even get half of what we paid for him now.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Connolly is utter garbage. He’s a runner, and very little else. When he gets a half decent chance in front of goal you can almost put your mortgage on the ball ending up anywhere besides the back of the net.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
Every now and again Connolly does something which makes me think he could have decent potential

But to be frank, his performances have always been generally poor. He just isn't a natural finisher - he will never be good enough at this level. Sorry.

Not sure why you’re apologising for a very fair but frank assessment.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Surprised Maupay came off instead of Connolly - he's clearer the better of the two players. Maybe the injury he picked up? Otherwise, another inexplicable Potter decision.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
We’ve all known we needed more firepower.

The club are responsible for what we have. Questions to be had if we continue like this.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
To be fair, I quite like them as a pairing at the beginning of games. They stretch the game and offer us something different. However, they're not the answer when the other team are entrenched. Welbeck is the much better option then, as his equaliser today proved.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Connolly clearly has talent but just isn't ready. Maupay looks a shadow of the player he did, has done ever since that Man Utd game.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I think Maupay could be alright, Welbeck has to play... Connelly is awful and needs to be shipped out permanently...

Can't judge Zeqiri yet of course

Am I wrong to be wanting Anfone back? Show a bit of fight up top

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Connolly is utter garbage. He’s a runner, and very little else. When he gets a half decent chance in front of goal you can almost put your mortgage on the ball ending up anywhere besides the back of the net.

He’s not garbage, he’s playing in a poor team and learning his trade. i’d give him a break in the Championship (might even be with is) but to say he’s garbage is unfair

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Connolly gets in the face of defenders . It’s useful against defenders who aren’t comfortable with the ball at their feet.
That’s it though.
He lacks the technique to score goals.
I’m not sure he’d get more than 5 in a championship season.
Not sending him on loan for the 2019/20 was a mistake for club and player. Sad, really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here