Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What are the chances of the season being cancelled ?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It’s an interesting one, as surely tier 4 will prohibit even elite sport... ? A lot of noise up here (north east) re two Newcastle ‘stars’ who Covid has really hit hard...

Thoughts?

Could this mean tomorrow’s match is in reality a non game? Or is the vaccination really going to, you know, actually work?

Shite times.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Come on Koosh, we’ve got enough shit to deal with right now without speculation of even more crap that may or may not be further down the line.

It’s just all ball ocks mate isn’t it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's got silly in rugby with clubs having to forfeit major matches. This isn't fair and makes a mockery of the competitions.

Football seems okay at present. Or at least better.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It’s an interesting one, as surely tier 4 will prohibit even elite sport... ? A lot of noise up here (north east) re two Newcastle ‘stars’ who Covid has really hit hard...

Thoughts?

Could this mean tomorrow’s match is in reality a non game? Or is the vaccination really going to, you know, actually work?

Shite times.

I'm confident the vaccine will work but less confident about what will happen between now and then.

I doubt the season will be cancelled because of tier 4 (or 5,6,7) but I can see it cancelled because there simply aren't enough fit players from week to week and we simply run out of time.

'They' will do everything they can to avoid it but it is an outside possibility imo

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I'm confident the vaccine will work but less confident about what will happen between now and then.

I doubt the season will be cancelled because of tier 4 (or 5,6,7) but I can see it cancelled because there simply aren't enough fit players from week to week and we simply run out of time.

'They' will do everything they can to avoid it but it is an outside possibility imo

Maybe they could change the rules a tad and if a team runs out of 1st squad they could play their U23’s, that may help level things up a bit. Joking of course, Klippity Klopp wouldn’t think that fair.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Come on Koosh, we’ve got enough shit to deal with right now without speculation of even more crap that may or may not be further down the line.

It’s just all ball ocks mate isn’t it.

I know - it’s utterly shite, but how can any club justify traveling into a tier 4 area - five example us (tier 2) and think nothing of it... I’m just reeling from it all tbh.

I don’t want anything cancelled, but wouldn’t put it past this bunch of incompetents to ruin the one thing I look forward to outside of my normal life right now :(

Arghhhhh.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They really, really should have voided last season in March, but they wouldn't let go of their grip on the money pot. Even if Covid starts wiping out a few players, they'll just have a minute's applause for them (recorded and played over the PA if no fans in the ground) and carry on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
100% certain the season won't be cancelled.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Will not be cancelled. BCD again pretty soon but as shown last season, too much money involved.
My worry is more the welfare of the players, do they stick within a bubble or let loose non match days?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Please, no more tiers.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
showers were pretty heavy ..wind got up quite a bit too..hedge cutting in Holland Rd today ..stuff blew down the road ...sorry what was the question again

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It should be put on hold but it won't be.

They are keeping places of Worship open and people attending those are not Covid Tested. The fact that football industry is constantly testing should be sufficient to keep it going.

Fans need to be stopped attending though. Sad as that would be. It least it would allow matches to keep going and that would be something for us to watch on TV while we have what should be a 2 month Lockdown

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The EPL have the expertise, money and now the experience to make sure the key personnel at clubs are safe.

In Restart the Albion and EPL proved all the doubting Thomas’s wrong (90% of NSC), people who seized on Troy Deeney’s every word.

Tier 4 is no worse than the original Lockdown, it simply targets areas.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Maybe they could change the rules a tad and if a team runs out of 1st squad they could play their U23’s, that may help level things up a bit. Joking of course, Klippity Klopp wouldn’t think that fair.

I just naturally assumed that’s what our cousins in their limited gene pool up the road had done today...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here