Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson to hold press conference at 4pm

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Boris basically made the wrong call with five party days ans now needs to back out with without blame, so the new strain gets the blame

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I think the idea of a free for all at Xmas is a terrible idea.

So I am not angry at it being cancelled, but what the **** are they playing at?

This is so obviously correct, he even dragged the rest of the UK in to this ridiculous plan - At least in Wales, Drakeford recognised this and has scaled back what is allowed and put us back in to lockdown. Johnson is just a populist, bumbling, incompetent idiot.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Daughter in law not long started working there they put her on covid ward .. bang got it and gave it to son thankfully both ok and already back at work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My neice works at Barnet hospital, her main job since April has been to hold the hands of those in their last moments as they can't have any family there.
She is now at home with Covid and really ill.
My Dads (90 and Parkinsons) care home in Bexhill has just announced they have 2 positive staff members, all residents who have not been out since April are now in their rooms for 10 days, testing to be done on Monday, no news of the vaccine coming to the home.
New strain, infection flying up, loads dead, and some want evidence before we do anything, non mask wearers, anti vaccine, its all a hoax, I don't believe in it.
Extraordinary stupidity.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Wondering, if...

- Clampdown could happen almost immediately, ie we can't go to the Amex tomorrow
- Non-essential shops closing, which would scupper my Christmas shopping plans (seriously - does anyone start before now?)

I honestly think it would be irresponsible for them not to stop the sporting events now in this area if we cannot do a bubble with close ones that can be trusted to follow the rules

2) Amazon

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Thankfully we have Boris & not on the fence Starmer. Could you actually see him making any decision?

Starmer has been making the decisions, Johnson just waits 2 weeks to implement them as his own.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Well this is a load of bollocks.

Appreciate it's easy to say with hindsight, but, IMO, the approach should have been start with a relatively high level of restriction planned over Christmas and eased it nearer the time if viable.; instead they have done the opposite.

Wonder how far west Tier 4 will reach...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Stay at Home
Protect the NHS
Save Lives

This was the original plan back in March and the only thing which ahs really worked, we need to get back to this until we get certain proof the vaccine is working and/or the Spring and Summer weather helps reduce the curve.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Anyone who even did infant school maths can tell you that this does not represent an upward trend. This is against rising cases. Why are people so gullible? In fact you can clearly see that the current wave is starting a decline.
eee60bb4f54477bb352ef77b80bc5a07.jpg

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What's foolish about protecting our NHS and saving lives?

I really admire your doggedness but it's really not worth communicating with those that still can't see something that is right before their eyes.
I can only assume they are craving attention.
They are the idiots that Johnson was prepared to let loose for 5 days to go and hug old people.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
Albion Season Ticket 4-3-3-3

Tier Status National-1-2-2-(?) Surely 3 at worse Jeff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
he is one of those twats

don’t dispute that, so is Cummings and loads of other of the ‘elitist’ political berks who have felt they are above the advice.

But Boris could be the biggest twats the world has ever seen, it still doesn’t mitigate the damage the selfish individuals have caused.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Stay at Home
Protect the NHS
Save Lives

This was the original plan back in March and the only thing which ahs really worked, we need to get back to this until we get certain proof the vaccine is working and/or the Spring and Summer weather helps reduce the curve.

You are Matt Hancock and I claim my £5.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here