Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson to hold press conference at 4pm

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wondering, if...

- Clampdown could happen almost immediately, ie we can't go to the Amex tomorrow
- Non-essential shops closing, which would scupper my Christmas shopping plans (seriously - does anyone start before now?)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Wondering, if...

- Clampdown could happen almost immediately, ie we can't go to the Amex tomorrow
- Non-essential shops closing, which would scupper my Christmas shopping plans (seriously - does anyone start before now?)

Are we in South East?

Yes I know we are South East, but Sussex mainly dodged the tier change last time.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Wondering, if...

Must be happening sometime before Christmas, but usually they allow a couple days before the change

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Must be happening sometime before Christmas, but usually they allow a couple days before the change

Agreed, but given the apparent concern with this new strain, I wouldn't eb surprised if something changes as of midnight tonight. I'm just guessing though...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are we in South East?

Yes I know we are South East, but Sussex mainly dodged the tier change last time.

Officially, yes, I believe so, although we escaped last time as you say.

South East England is one of the nine official regions of England at the first level of NUTS for statistical purposes. It consists of the counties of Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Kent, Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Surrey and West Sussex.​

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Officially, yes, I believe so, although we escaped last time as you say.

South East England is one of the nine official regions of England at the first level of NUTS for statistical purposes. It consists of the counties of Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Kent, Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Surrey and West Sussex.​

I wonder what extra funds they will be giving local companies.

Depends on how far the new strain of virus has already spread.

Not sure they would have that info as they only discovered this a few days ago?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
2 friends that work at haywards heith hospital have tested positive and will spend xmas isolating at home alone.
Said its spreading bad through wards up there

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Right that's it I'm going to Aldi.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Boris to announce a Tier 4 for the South-East (whatever that is).
Cabinet members have been briefed that the PM expected to announce a Tier 4, tighter covid restrictions for London and SE at 4pm this afternoon - and will cut back on the planned relaxation of the rules over Christmas.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
From The Sun (sorry to have to quote that bag of sh!t):
"Brits across the country will be banned from travelling from midnight tonight, a leaked memo has claimed this afternoon".

I guess that means no fans at The Amex tomorrow?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The problem for Johnson is that he made the wrong decision regarding Christmas a couple of weeks ago ( we would rather you did not do what we say you can do) but only to make himself popular, now the crowd has split with the sensible ones going one way and the idiots going the other way, it has confused him because he is incapable of making a tough decision.
Other countries have made the right decision before us, yet again, and now it looks like he will have to make another u turn.
The man is a total clown.
And the usual faces on here blame Starmer, the leader of the opposition, who has absolutely no power to make any decisions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here