Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson to hold press conference at 4pm

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Here we go...

"Chief medical officer Prof Chris Whitty said government advisers "consider the new strain can spread more quickly".

He will join the prime minister and Sir Patrick Vallance, the government's chief scientific adviser, at the press conference."

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think the idea of a free for all at Xmas is a terrible idea.

So I am not angry at it being cancelled, but what the **** are they playing at?

They have clearly realised the mistake in what they were doing and instead of just being honest they started bringing up a mutation last week so they can say its not them.

Pressure increased today as Italy decided to cut Christmas and they don't want to be the odd one out in Europe.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I feel sorry for Boris. Everybody seems to blame everything on him as if he started passing this virus around.

Trump blames ‘China’:

Boris has done well not the follow suit but you can probably put 1/2 the amount of UK covid-related deaths on his shoulders due to the fact he is not a natural leader and has been a bit like a rabbit in the headlights. I doubt with us having the best leader possible, we’d have had under 30k of deaths though.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Trump blames ‘China’:

Boris has done well not the follow suit but you can probably put 1/2 the amount of UK covid-related deaths on his shoulders due to the fact he is not a natural leader and has been a bit like a rabbit in the headlights. I doubt with us having the best leader possible, we’d have had under 30k of deaths though.

So all the 60k deaths to date were entirely due to COVID were they?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That'll be the revised lockdown measures that BJ will be have been forced to u-turn on two weeks too late then? Same as it ever was :rolleyes:

I completely understand how in the unprecedented times, leading must be so difficult.

But you'd have thought by now the law of averages would degree Boris making one populist statement AND be able to see it through.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
BREAKING: Christmas cancelled for London, South East and East, as areas moved into new Tier 4 with “stay at home” message by law. Christmas bubbles only allowed for Tiers 1 - 3 on Xmas Day with “stay local message”. International travel not advised. Latest plan.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here