Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How "must win" is the Sheffield United game?

How much of a must win is the Sheffield United game?

• 1 - the result doesn't really matter

Votes: 4 1.8%

Votes: 1 0.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 8 3.6%

Votes: 12 5.4%

Votes: 15 6.7%

Votes: 29 12.9%

Votes: 59 26.3%

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • 10 - We *MUST* win

Votes: 73 32.6%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On a scale of 1 (doesn't matter at all) to 10 (the world will end if we don't win) how must win is tomorrow's game?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
How "must win" is the Sheffield United game?

No one knows until the end of the season !! we might beat West Ham,Arsenal and Wolves and be near mid table even if we do lose tomorrow.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's a clear 10, if only due to lack of points on the board against teams we might reasonably have hoped to beat. But this is The Pratfall Before Christmas waiting to happen for the Albion. Because the points have to come from SOMEWHERE and Sheffield United will doubtless have earmarked this as the game where they start to pick up points. Fascinating state of play this early in the season. Could very well dictate the narrative for both clubs over the coming months. It's THAT important. IMHO, like

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Max points

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I think it’s a cup final for us, it has to be, it ought to be... We need it as the fans, the players need it and GP clearly needs it. It’s a huge measure of our level, our confidence and our right to be in this division.

If ever a game was must win, this is simply it.

An early goal and the points will follow... we need to be on it from the get go and anything less, will (I’m afraid) be a failure. They are shot and if we’re not able to show our quality we deserve nothing and will receive it - again.

I have to say, I do think we’ll win and convincingly too... 3 or 4-0 to be precise.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nowhere near a 10 yet - still got 25 games left - a 10 for me would be needing 3 points to stay up last game of the season. It's not a 1 either though as we could do with a win for the confidence and to help our poor home record. I've gone with a 4.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
It's certainly a must not lose game , I'll wager we have at least 4 gilt edge chances to score to their 1 and it will still be a close game .

Maupay looks shot to bits and it wouldn't surprise me to see Connolly start with Welbeck tomorrow, we simply have to start converting our magnificent XG in to real goals or face the drop .

How are going to win another game this season if we can’t win even one against two bottom 3 teams with no opposition fans. Shit or bust time for Potter I’m afraid, he either does the job tomorrow or we have to find someone who will

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
5. A defeat won't relegate us and a victory will not save us. Given our risible home record a win would certainly get a monkey off our back and three points would be most welcome, it should not define our season either way.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
It's as much of a 'must win' as it can be, without it it actually being a must win, IMO.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nowhere near a 10 yet - still got 25 games left - a 10 for me would be needing 3 points to stay up last game of the season. It's not a 1 either though as we could do with a win for the confidence and to help our poor home record. I've gone with a 4.

They can't ALL be 'meh don't matter we'll get to the required points total easy peasy' because you have to start picking points somewhere sometime. And sunday IS that somewhere sometime.

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. It's the Albion way :shrug:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Not panicking yet - I personally think this has got a draw written all over it with both teams struggling to score many although ironically I did go for a 1-0 win.

A win is not vital yet so I'd go for a 4 on the scale but still feel we will get our first home win of the season tomorrow, if only just. Good luck guys.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s not but I may well cry if we don’t :cry:

My worry is that we are the go to club if a striker hasn’t scored since Noah was a boy or a team are on a long non winning streak. For that reason “we are doomed” :down:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
They can't ALL be 'meh don't matter we'll get to the required points total easy peasy' because you have to start picking points somewhere sometime. And sunday IS that somewhere sometime.

Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. It's the Albion way :shrug:

Exactly.

Praise be.

We have to start like we finished at Fulham - that’s a problem for me, alas sometimes the greatest tacticians are not the greatest motivator’s... a combination of the two and you’re laughing.

This is a fantastic opportunity to win big on every level.

GP has to be drumming that in, surely - it’ll virtually guarantee Sheff Utd being relegated and heap pressure on WBA and Fulham too.

It’s so must win it really, really hurts.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's certainly a must not lose game , I'll wager we have at least 4 gilt edge chances to score to their 1 and it will still be a close game .

Maupay looks shot to bits and it wouldn't surprise me to see Connolly start with Welbeck tomorrow, we simply have to start converting our magnificent XG in to real goals or face the drop .

We are desperate for a win, but sometimes an animal is most dangerous when it is wounded. It's not easy game, Sheff Utd have had a wretched run of form, but they aren't rubbish. I'm with you, it's a big 'Must Not Lose' rather than a 'Must Win' at the 14 games into the season mark. I think it is a big 'Must Win' for them rather than us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here