Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Rooney Junior

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just spotted a picture of him signing for Man Utd. Assume this is for publicity as surely an 11 year old doesnt have to sign a contract at that age

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just spotted a picture of him signing for Man Utd. Assume this is for publicity as surely an 11 year old doesnt have to sign a contract at that age

Yep young Kai....

I have heard he is chip off the ol'block very "Sportage" and hits a "Stinger" of a shot, that and coaching from his dads good mate "Rio" he is certain to su"CEED"

I'll get me coat....

:tumble:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Looks a bit like de NIRO as well

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Players of that age sign registration papers (registering them as player of that club with the FA/PL) but not a contract. Most big club academies will do a "signing" photo opportunity for the parents of the player but it is player registration forms being signed.

Sometimes a club might ask a player to sign a "pre-pro" contract which is basically a professional contract that hasn't been dated. So they sign at 15 and then when the player turns 16 they date it and they're already signed. That is usually done to stop promising players getting poached as apprentices rather than an 11 year old.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The most cringeworthy BBC news feature since........well, three minutes before that. :facepalm:

Wasn't Brooklyn or Romeo Beckham offered a trial at United too? Turned out he'd only be good enough for Radcliffe Borough's reserves if they had an injury crisis. So he carried on living off his parents money. Class.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here