Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] *** PLEASE READ: Upcoming Changes ***

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have just commenced a project to migrate NSC from vBulletin 4, our current home and where we've been for almost forever, to Xenforo - https://xenforo.com

vBulletin 4 is an old and, effectively, now an unsupported platform, whilst Xenforo is modern, feature rich and, importantly, well-supported forum software.

All being well, the live switchover will take place mid-January, and I'll advise on a specific date in the New Year.

In the near-term, it won't make a huge amount of difference in terms of the way you use and access NSC, other than mobile usage. When the migration takes place, Tapatalk will be removed from NSC. One of Xenforo's advantages is that it is offers a considerably better native mobile experience via a browser, and we will be taking advantage of that.

When we migrate you will need to login to NSC again and, experience tells me, a lot of people will come unstuck here, due to one of the following, if not both:

- No longer having access to the email address registered with NSC, preventing password reminders/resets from being received.
- Not knowing their NSC password due to staying parma-logged in.

Please help me help you by resolving these as soon as you can, ie over the next few weeks, and not waiting for the migration to happen and finding you are locked out of NSC requiring my help. Simply, if I get inundated with hundreds of requests for email address/password reset issues all at the same time, it will take me a while to go through them.

So, please go here: https://www.northstandchat.com/profile.php?do=editpassword, and:

- Make sure the email address stored is one you have access to (you will not receive any emails from NSC unless you ask for them)
- Make sure you know what your password is

If you hit any snags, email me - help@northstandchat.com - and I'll help out.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Hopefully the new version will have a "thread ignore" facility so we can zap tedious threads into the ether.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can we lose the post count too :smile:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Just sent a BG style email!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can you make sure you do regression testing, create a maintenance window that doesn’t affect too many users, ie outside UK a business hours when we all use NSC most and finally bring your change to a Change Advisory Board for approval.

Such is the life of a Global Change Manager of 21 years :ffsparr:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey my email was a Tiscali one, are they even in business?

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Tapatalk going? If this gets rid of all the 'Sent from my blah blah blah phone', underneath a lot of posts, then I'm in!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Can we lose the post count too :smile:

Hopefully it won't go to:

Well known member etc

I dislike these types of things, but if it has to be along these types of things, maybe the terminology could be linked to parts of the Amex, from away supporter, South stand all the way up to board member.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Tapatalk going? If this gets rid of all the 'Sent from my blah blah blah phone', underneath a lot of posts, then I'm in!

But we need to know who are the Omsung Phine users......

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here