Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Just for fun: Outs and ins if we did get relegated .

Many NSC'ers claim that bar a few, which i will come to in a minute, our whole squad is not currently up to the PL, standards now demand. So out of curiosity i would like to know what people think about the possible squad changes if we did unfortunately go down.

Outs:
Ryan - Actually wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt leave in January - Back home to play Aussie soccer
Llallana (on a free) - probably would join a Newcastle or Palace mid table team on a one year contract
Welbeck. (free) - back to Watford i expect assuming the get promoted. Lot depends how fit he stays rest of the season
Lamptey - clearly too good for Championship - wouldnt be surprised for him to go back to Chelsea for 40m+
White - He probably has a relegation clause in his renewed contract and i imagine would jump at the chance to rejoin Leeds
Bissouma - after flourishing for the past 12 months, whilst not completely setting the world on fire, would see him playing for the Hammers or some top 10 team (maybe not top 4)
Dunk - maybe one season too late? Still think though quote a few PL teams would snap him up, albeit at a much reduced fee.
Andone on a free or very low fee back to Galatasary - they seem (on twitter at least) to think the suns shines out his ...
Propper/Gross, both would probably be let go on a free in todays climate and likely return to their home nations.

Ins:
Our 2 Polish guys? would they have signed to play 2nd tier football when they are already in top flight at home? Cant personally see them wanting to relocate but who knows.
Duffy - 100% have him back from his loan in an instant. One final season teaming up again with Dunk (if he doesnt leave)
Step forward several of the U23s - Molumby? Gyrokes finally gets another chance?
Percy Tau? Anyone know the rules outside the PL to get him his overdue license to play in the UK?
Hmm tough one. As a team who would be one of the favorites to go back up again next season i would hope we could attract some talent - may season long loans from PL ?

As for the rest,
Webster/Burn - would probably WANT to leave but dont see us getting any offers we would accept
Connelly / Alzate / Trossard / Maupay /Connelly probably accept a drop in division on the same wages!
Izzy - 1 year contract extension - think he could do well if he regains fitness in the slower pace

Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I refuse to play your game OP.

Let's stay positive as a club. If the worst happens, we'll deal with it

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
There have been many, many strong candidates in the last few days which have had me for screaming for the 'thumbs down' button to be reinstated for a post - but this one wins by a country mile

:ffsparr:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
[MENTION=16026]Palace[/MENTION]findergeneral think we may have one for you?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I personally think we are in a spot of bother, but really, the lady who is a tad obese isn't even clearing her throat.

P.S I'm still Potter out, until Sunday's glorious thrashing of the Blades. #fickleas****

Last edited:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Out - Pessimists
In - Optimists

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Can't bear the thought of losing Lamptey,Dunk, Bissouma and White.
So im not playing.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Many NSC'ers claim that bar a few, which i will come to in a minute, our whole squad is not currently up to the PL, standards now demand. So out of curiosity i would like to know what people think about the possible squad changes if we did unfortunately go down.

Outs:
Ryan - Actually wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt leave in January - Back home to play Aussie soccer
Llallana (on a free) - probably would join a Newcastle or Palace mid table team on a one year contract
Welbeck. (free) - back to Watford i expect assuming the get promoted. Lot depends how fit he stays rest of the season
Lamptey - clearly too good for Championship - wouldnt be surprised for him to go back to Chelsea for 40m+
White - He probably has a relegation clause in his renewed contract and i imagine would jump at the chance to rejoin Leeds
Bissouma - after flourishing for the past 12 months, whilst not completely setting the world on fire, would see him playing for the Hammers or some top 10 team (maybe not top 4)
Dunk - maybe one season too late? Still think though quote a few PL teams would snap him up, albeit at a much reduced fee.
Andone on a free or very low fee back to Galatasary - they seem (on twitter at least) to think the suns shines out his ...
Propper/Gross, both would probably be let go on a free in todays climate and likely return to their home nations.

Ins:
Our 2 Polish guys? would they have signed to play 2nd tier football when they are already in top flight at home? Cant personally see them wanting to relocate but who knows.
Duffy - 100% have him back from his loan in an instant. One final season teaming up again with Dunk (if he doesnt leave)
Step forward several of the U23s - Molumby? Gyrokes finally gets another chance?
Percy Tau? Anyone know the rules outside the PL to get him his overdue license to play in the UK?
Hmm tough one. As a team who would be one of the favorites to go back up again next season i would hope we could attract some talent - may season long loans from PL ?

As for the rest,
Webster/Burn - would probably WANT to leave but dont see us getting any offers we would accept
Connelly / Alzate / Trossard / Maupay /Connelly probably accept a drop in division on the same wages!
Izzy - 1 year contract extension - think he could do well if he regains fitness in the slower pace

Once you came up with the idea for this thread, you probably thought it was a great concept and spent a lot of time on your content. But, by crikey, it's a miserable read and I'll be surprised if anyone else can even contemplate thinking about it. Just think what you asked. Just for fun, assume we go down and all the players we could lose. Perhaps, just for added frolics, we could calculate the financial consequences too to really cheer ourselves up.:facepalm:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Outs everyone including BARBER

In no one but get rid of all the Europeans and play tried and tested ENGLISH under 23s

Oh yes and of course we will bring in OUR SAVIOUR. The lion of Judah

61EA4360-6073-48C7-A806-199EC46397C3.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here