Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Proper test match in Oz

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There's a cracking game brewing in Adelaide: India have struggled to 207-6 in 84 overs and the ball is hooping around.

But India have Bumrah and he'll relish bowling on this - particularly against a makeshift opening pair.

It's a relief to see some decent cricket on TV

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yeah, it's good that there's a small crowd in too.

This is a nicely poised test match, odds favour Australia but if India can get Smith out cheaply that will change.

Two good bowling sides, each with a star batsman mean things are evenly matched.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Yeah, it's good that there's a small crowd in too.

This is a nicely poised test match, odds favour Australia but if India can get Smith out cheaply that will change.

Two good bowling sides, each with a star batsman mean things are evenly matched.

sydney is still practicing SD so maybe 15 k max tomorrow and sat if the weather is nice ..

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
sydney is still practicing SD so maybe 15 k max tomorrow and sat if the weather is nice ..

It's being played in Adelaide...

Smith was in great form in the one-dayers, will be interesting to see if he carries that into the tests. Also be very interesting to see if Labuschagne continues to excel at tests level (given his first class record barely hinted at the success he's had so far). And then there's Cameron Green, the new kid. Can he do for Australia what Stokes has done for England?

On the reverse side, I don't understand why the selectors have picked Burns. He's so out of form we may as well assume we'll be 1 down by end of the 5th over, and sticking Wade up top doesn't exactly inspire confidence. We could have Labuschagne and Smith at the crease inside 10 overs, at which point the fate of the Aussie first innings probably hinges on exactly what time of day we start that innings.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I
On the reverse side, I don't understand why the selectors have picked Burns. He's so out of form we may as well assume we'll be 1 down by end of the 5th over, and sticking Wade up top doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

I suppose there's little choice: Warner, Pucovski and Harris are all unavailable and Bancroft never made it at test level.

I'm not sure why Renshaw is out of favour though and Khawaja has got a reasonable record as an opener, they may have been better picks

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I suppose there's little choice: Warner, Pucovski and Harris are all unavailable and Bancroft never made it at test level.

Harris was available as far as I'm aware - he'd been added to the squad, played in the warm up match, and I've not seen or heard anything to suggest he'd picked up an injury.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Harris was available as far as I'm aware - he'd been added to the squad, played in the warm up match, and I've not seen or heard anything to suggest he'd picked up an injury.

My mistake: I thought he'd picked up an injury too but I see that he hasn't. It's strange to put him in the squad and not play him when Burns is in such bad form.

Wade I can understand, they'd be loath to drop him but clearly wanted to pick Green and the selectors saw this is a way of including the pair of them - it's a bold move but there'll be some egg on faces if he flops.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Just got round to watching this on highlights.

I forgot just how good kohli looks. Never seen someone with that much time against quick bowlers

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well, the two openers have failed (as predicted) although Burns was unlucky. If India get one of these two out, they're well on top.

Good test match this

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Well, the two openers have failed (as predicted) although Burns was unlucky. If India get one of these two out, they're well on top.

Good test match this

Aaarrgghh. Dont make me invest in an overnight series

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Love low scoring games, far better than 500-600 Run Sub continent borefests.

Always amusing to hear Aussie commentators getting the score the wrong way around.

Smith a lucky boy to avoid run-out, chew for forty-foive...

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
The Aussies in a bit of trouble now.

As an aside, I've been whiling away my lockdown watching Bondi Rescue on YouTube, what a great show that is.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Fantastic catch from Kohli that, Ashwin bowling superbly, ironically that wicket was from a short half tracker.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The Aussies in a bit of trouble now.

As an aside, I've been whiling away my lockdown watching Bondi Rescue on YouTube, what a great show that is.

Love an Australian collapse.

Following your aside, there is a Brighton equivalent. Brighton Beach Patrol. We watched it with a friends 19 year old Australian daughter, who was staying with us one summer. Serious but hilarious compared to Aussie Lifeguards.

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme/e/cfg2/brighton-beach-patrol-episode-guide/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here