Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Do we play good football / attractive to watch ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We play lovely football in the middle third. Good as any of the bottom 12-14 in that section of the pitch.

It’s the other two thirds where the issues lie.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Man U. Chelsea was also very exciting football.

We’ve not been quite at that level since, due to form, aside from patches here and there. We played good football under Potter quite consistently last season though. So, no.. would disagree with you that it’s a “myth”.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
We play great football under Potter. It's a refreshing change from the stodgy ultra-defensive borefest of previous.

That said, it does need an end-product. We've been a striker light for the last 2-3 seasons.

And not playing the ones we have got isn't really going to help.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
15-20 minutes of the 2nd half last night was really good.
If one of our chances had gone in we would probably have got a couple more but confidence drops and they come back.
Playing good football is also down to confidence and we are gradually losing it.
1st half was very poor.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yes, when possible. Sometimes it fails, other times its not possible to play that possession/combination type of game, but most often yes.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Andy Townsend summed us up, very nice to play against.

PA-8459882.jpg

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Actually does it matter? 5 wins in 2020 and 1 at home is sort of all you need to know. As pundits say it is nice on the eye but not effective enough.

It could click into place with better set piece defending and chance taking but it it ain’t half taking a long time....

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I find it all a bit predictable same old shite every game, never feel we are going to score we make a few half chances but that’s about it. Personally think and I’ve thought this a lot this season we could play all night and not score unless we are lucky enough to get a pen.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Far, far better than the last dire days of the Hughton regime, I know we are in their half but lets pass it back to Lewis and he can give it to the Goalkeeper and we can start again.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Far, far better than the last dire days of the Hughton regime, I know we are in their half but lets pass it back to Lewis and he can give it to the Goalkeeper and we can start again.

Trossard did a few of those* last night....

*admittedly beautiful and daring passing, if a little heart-stopping...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I know we have in a few games ( Newcastle away for example )

Bit of a myth though isn't it

Not a myth at all. Apart from last night's more pragmatic performance we have been very watchable this season. I've got used to us moving it from box to box with grace and skill before fluffing our lines in the 18yard box. I've enjoyed our performances this season we are a fun watch. Just a shame we have trouble hitting the proverbial cows bottom with a banjo.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
It's a bit like trying to achieve orgasm while taking anti-depressants. It takes a while to get things going, once things are going it's a lot of fun to be a part of. You have to accept that you won't get there nearly as often as you'd like, but when you do it's a thing to behold, and such a relief.

Just saying...

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Agree totally but we are still guilty of that sometimes, but then most teams do the same to keep possession.
What really annoyed me last night was when we got a throw in near the corner in the last minute of added time, we took so long to take it and have a go, the ref blew for time.
It was as if we were holding on for a point rather than going for the win.

D

Deleted member 2719

We play lovely football in the middle third. Good as any of the bottom 12-14 in that section of the pitch.

It’s the other two thirds where the issues lie.

I would debate that, as I feel we play lovely football all over the field, but not without a few mistakes and we lack a top 10 finisher. But the errors will always show in those two thirds that you mention.

The point is, we try to play football in all departments.

Practice makes perfect.

Keep the faith.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Yes we do, I always look forward to watching us. That certainly hasn't always been the case.

Tactically we're very good, set up really well and some of our build up play is excellent and a joy to watch. Potter is clearly a very clever coach. The simple fact is we haven't been clinical enough and we have had an abnormal amount of bad luck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here