Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Two players taking the same corner?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
What's that all about then? definitely looks like something new off the training ground, but I can't really see how it creates any confusion or gives us an advantage. Just seems like a waste of a man to me ???

just get it in the box ffs!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
What's that all about then? definitely looks like something new off the training ground, but I can't really see how it creates any confusion or gives us an advantage. Just seems like a waste of a man to me ???

just get it in the box ffs!

It’s created a lot of confusion here, so defo works.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Opposition players don't know whether it's going to be inswinging or outswinging.

Worth a go, seeing as all our other corners have been shite all season.

that's true. Doesn't seem like MUCH of an advantage to me, but then again it's a game of fine margins. And we have looked more threatening from set pieces tonight than we have in a g e s

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
that's true. Doesn't seem like MUCH of an advantage to me, but then again it's a game of fine margins. And we have looked more threatening from set pieces tonight than we have in a g e s

Also drags another player out of the box to stop the short corner. Trossard / March aren’t going to be much use in the box so can understand the thought process behind it

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Does anyone remember when 4/5 players used to line up for the conga before corners/free kicks?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Opposition players don't know whether it's going to be inswinging or outswinging.

Worth a go, seeing as all our other corners have been shite all season.

Does it make that much of a difference, it's not really the same as free kick where the keeper has the cover the whole goal, you've got a penalty area full of players and much longer to react

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Imagine actually practicing this in training. Imagine being a player and being told this was a new tactic....

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
:lolol:

Our grand plan to solve our impotence from corners? Have one less man attacking them. #potterball

Ironically, it did kind of work better! Or perhaps that was because Gross wasn't the one taking them and perpetually not beating the first man...

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Obviously the manager issue is very emotive and there seems to be very little balanced discussion. Either people want him out or want him in.
I'm Potter In still as I love the way we play at times, and I trust Ashworth and Bloom.
But, you have to ask the question, after the set piece conga nonsense, our inability to attack or defend set pieces, what on earth is that all about? Why even bother? Because it will have taken time in training. Why are we wasting time doing that?
And you can't say 'why not'? It's not a tactic. It's nonsense. Total nonsense.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Purely just to irritate the feck out of me.

For me claiming we cannot possibly do any worse than our recent corners and free-kicks, they've proven me wrong.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Obviously the manager issue is very emotive and there seems to be very little balanced discussion. Either people want him out or want him in.
I'm Potter In still as I love the way we play at times, and I trust Ashworth and Bloom.
But, you have to ask the question, after the set piece conga nonsense, our inability to attack or defend set pieces, what on earth is that all about? Why even bother? Because it will have taken time in training. Why are we wasting time doing that?

Two excellent chances created from corners today. What is Potter supposed to do? Head them in himself?

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
1 player = rubbish corners. Tonight 2 players = better corners. Next game 3 players taking corners? It might just work...

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011

fancy wasting all that training time on that, i mean, it’s not as if we need to practice other aspects is it, say as an example trying to shoot on target or even perhaps getting the ball into the net.

Nah, let’s just f about with stupid things like our new masterful two people standing off the pitch for a corner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here