Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Where in Sussex

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Some NSC advice would be helpful.

After several decades away I’m thinking that perhaps i should return to Sussex. I used to live in Hove but I’m thinking more of a small town or large village. Needs to have a thriving community, so pubs (maybe three or four), some shops, a few restaurants etc. Ideally on or close to the sea but not necessarily. Needs to be sellable to the better half who quite likes picturesque.

Where in Sussex would you recommend me to check out?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I don’t live there but Arundel is pretty decent. Has the pubs and a castle too.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
There are no small villages anymore new housing estates being built everywhere.

In all seriousness plenty of choice out there but for your description I would look at villages in the SD National Park to give you some protection over too much development

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
rustington/east preston/angerming probably ticks most of your boxes

we moved to EP in the summer and love it

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Ferring?

Very good community and amenities for those of, ahem, advancing years.

We were looking at Ferring - get a lot more for your buck but getting back to Brighton and back for friends and family is a nightmare. We have opted for Henfield and will hopefully get our move sorted in the new year. Have had enough of Brighton and Hove and it’s council after 60+ years. Looking forward to better accommodation and lifestyle in advancing years!

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I thought this thread was going to be about “where’s Jimmy’s hole” ( oo er) on Radio Sussex.

I think Rottingdean might tick most of your boxes.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I grew up in Shoreham and loved it. Not lived there for 20 years plus so it's no doubt changed a bit but the location by the river, downs and sea is excellent. Last time I was over I stayed in Cuckfield for a while, thought that's a really nice place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here